Where does everyone get their gears done?

same story different friend probably
Yeah, this was about 5 years ago with a guy I worked with. He plopped down about $2500 on a set of Rubi axles complete with compressor and electrics. Turns out one of the axle tubes were bent and wasn't told prior. He spent a fair amount of money chasing the problem and eventually masked the problem before it was found out about the bent tube.

Matt, "redcj7 " that posted on the "old" site indicated he set up gears. He is in Leesville and has a fab shop. His number is 803-466-4207

Last edited:
Well got the jeep back from Kenny's. Great experience. Although he was not able to make my problem go away he was able to explain why it existed and improve the situation. He had everything tore down, road tested, ready for pickup within a day and charged a very fair price. I could have picked up the same day had I checked my messages.

The same thing the previous shap had said. The gears had pattern worn into them, not a bad pattern, and they will have to wear into each other. The setup is good and the noise is an unfortunate by product. Kenny did take a little backlash out. He felt there was a little too much for a rig that plays in the rocks and tightened it up but, said the original shop would appear honest in their assesment and gear setup. He said the gears did not have any damage to them and that over time they may quiet down. He was very thourogh in his explanation and diagnosis. Took it out for a drive, drained the oil and ran a magnet through it to see how much metal was in it. Ran pattern and then tore everything down inspected all the bearings, race, gear, etc...Re-assembled to spec ran pattern, took it for a drive..I don't think I could ask for more. He said this doesn't happen every time but, when I installed the gears originally they may have been a little tight or a little loose allowing a slightly less than perfect pattern to worn into them and now that they are setup correctly they are trying to wear in properly. He re-assured me everything is correct and the noise/wear is normal.