Back to a buggy (Name TBD)

~108" wheelbase
~50" chassis (outside to outside) built by Essentially Off Road

39" Krawlers, on 17" Allied Beadlocks
PSC double ended steering
Axles are full width, 35-spline chromo'd Dana 60s
HP front, 4.88 gears, Detroit Locker
LP rear, shaved, disks, Detroit Locker
Chevy 5.3 with LS1 intake, Advanced Adapters headers, baffled oil pan, 2.5" exhaust
TH350, custom torque converter, Art Carr shifter, dedicated cooler with fan
3.8 Atlas II, 32 spine f/r, cable shifters
All new wiring harness
1350 driveshafts throughout, CV rear, 2-piece front
Narrowed CJ hood and grill
4-link front and rear, solid aluminum links and 1.25" heims everywhere
Bilstein 9100 coilovers, 14" front 17" rear
Bilstein air bumps all 4 corners

Build Pics:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/20B91F27F781F4F

Finish Pics:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/E52035F785C1D5E

As most of you have seen. I traded the #BlewTJ for the buggy this weekend. I think the buggy is a better fit for me that the full body rig although I did like the TJ.

Buggy is super clean. Fab work is top notch. Tons of over the top finishing touches.

I absolutely cannot stand the color. And it may get some small changes made to the sheet metal because I am not a fan of how it's done either. I'll post some more pics Tuesday. I won't have much time until then unfortunately. My first thoughts were to change it to a FJ hood like Ram-Rod was but I think I'm digging the CJ hood. After all, the first rig I had was a CJ. I also plan to have the computer tuned to wake it up a bit.

Last edited:
Looks good harvard. Keep the CJ grill fo sho. Jeep had that teal color in 97 and i cant remember what other years had it i had thought recently would look good on a rig.

I was hoping when I got it that the powdercoat was gonna be as dark as Ram-Rod and I was thinking doing it tan with the Renegade stripes like my first Jeep was. I have also considered matte black. I like that teal color also.

I vote for tan, when the last time seen a tan buggy.

I wanted to do the Ftoy in tan like the old 4runner but TEAMRED would kick me to curb :grin:

The new fiats have a tan that looks good. Would look really good with renegade white stripes. Throw some yellow film on those hids and set them into the grill and it would look bitching

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404043.941054.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404058.299648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404070.348292.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404084.192686.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404098.401939.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404113.278690.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404129.609348.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404142.169107.jpg
Finally took some pics today. Top is off because it needs something between the bars and aluminum to keep it from rattling.

That's my fav graphics year also. I should have left mine alone. I ordered direct from Pheonix cause I excluded some of the kit. One person there said they would not do that then another person let me. Have you been to their site?

I love that old Toyota color scheme where it's tan or vanilla with the different shades of orangish brown accents on the sides. You smell what I'm stepping in?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Matt, I can't believe you let that awesome buggy go and then turn right around and get a different one. I like this one, but in my opinion doesn't hold a candle to RamRod. Any regrets? I'm just talking appearance, I haven't really compared the specs.

I would never order that kit. They are too proud of it. Lol. I know I can get someone to make what I'm wanting for less money.

Tripp, we will def. talk when the time comes. I feel like the writing will need to be smaller to look correct the way the hood is done.

Greg, I know what your saying I think. Part of my reason for getting rid of Ram-Rod was that I made it too pretty to beat up. When it about got ran over at Gray Rock I realized that I couldn't deal with the idea of totaling it. After all of the wheeling and dealing done, I came out where it makes up for the looks.

I hope the new paint and graphics will set it off a little.

Yeah, it was a legit rig. I am enjoying the buggy though. I think it will be around a while.

The TJ was just a way to stay in a rig while getting the funds to get started on my car.