69 Camaro build. LS/SS

Update:
-Clutch/Brake master cylinders/hydroboost was all hooked up last night (not lines). Fitment seems right but may have some adjusting to do later on. Hopefully not.
-Rear end is built. Waiting on shafts to get here so we can cut down the axle tubes and weld everything up. Should have it bolted in next week.

Things left now are wiring, lines for steering and brakes, exhaust, driveshaft, and some adjusting on front suspension. Feeling like I'm finally on the home stretch.

Hell ya Harvard. This things turning out bad.

You ever do anything with wheels?

Also where'd you buy the wrecked car from? Buddy of mines building a 54 3100 and is looking for an LS to go in and was considering buying a wrecked car to get the motor and all from. Not sure what motor he wants.

Think In the long run the wrecked car will come out cheaper then just buying the motor and trans with accessories?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hell ya Harvard. This things turning out bad.

You ever do anything with wheels?

Also where'd you buy the wrecked car from? Buddy of mines building a 54 3100 and is looking for an LS to go in and was considering buying a wrecked car to get the motor and all from. Not sure what motor he wants.

Think In the long run the wrecked car will come out cheaper then just buying the motor and trans with accessories?

Wheels....they have changed since the pic I posted. I am ordering them next week. Will post a pic when I get them in. More of the pro-touring style.

I guess it depends on what motor/trans combo he's wanting. If he's doing a 5.3/auto would possibly be cheaper to buy separate. But if you take into account the other parts you can get and sell you typically come out a good bit cheaper buying a complete setup. Plus if you buy a totaled out car you know it was at least running and driving when it got smashed...lol

We bought the T/A from iaai insurance auction. Todd is a dealer so if there is something the guy wants in particular let me know and I can tell him to keep his eyes open.
It worked out much better for me to buy whole because I am using the brakes, clutch setup, motor, trans, computer, harness, driveshaft, etc... Also Todd needed several parts off of the car to repair his personal car as well.

When the website launches, it will be evident why I chose to go with a whole car.:smokin:

Short list is getting shorter. Rear end gave us a fit. A lot of parts that didn't work the first time made it take much longer than it should have. But, it is now in the car.

New list of to-do's:
-Bolt up new Motor Mounts
-Measure and have new drive shaft made
-Install sway bars and rear shocks
-Adjust front coilovers and possibly up spring rate if too soft
-Plumbing & Wiring
-Put interior back together
-Repair front fender from years ago...

Hoping to be at the tuner by or before Thanksgiving week.

Getting close. Ordered tires today.

Things to do:
-Finish wiring
-Build air intake
-Put driveshaft in
-Finish exhaust
-Wire new gauges

Hope to be tuning the car in two(ish) weeks. It will be 100% ready (possibly less fender painted) when it goes to tuner. The only thing we may not 100% complete is the A/C. May wait to do that project closer to the spring. Ready to have it out of the shop driving it! Plus, less drag=more HP on the dyno, right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448314759.158563.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448314769.787996.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448314779.040029.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448314789.241634.jpg
Car should handle much better this go round. Has rear sway bar now and an upgraded front sway bar. Coil overs up front and tune able shocks on rear. Will have a anti wrap bar on rear soon. All tubular a-arms up front.

Looks good Harvey. Can't wait to see her done.

Welding up exhaust is a lot of fun to tig. good practice if your trying to learn.

Was really hoping to be cranking the car this week and trying to plan for tuning next week but it's not looking like that's a do-able time line now. We are much closer to finishing but have had some snags the past two weeks.

Had a very productive night last night but i'm not sure we will get to work on it again this week as I have work related Christmas garbage to attend...

The "final" to-do list:
-Finish wiring. The factory harness has been cut down and all un-necessary stuff removed, and re-loomed. It has to go back in and tie into the LS harness.
-Finish exhaust. Weld, and add a few pieces. Not much to that either.
-Cut down throttle cable.
-Make radiator hoses and intake tubes.
-Bleed brakes, steering, cooling system.
-Put insides of the car back together.
-Make rear anti-wrap bars.

All of this could realistically be done in a day but it may be next weekend before we have that full day. So, with that said.... looks like this project will roll into 2016. I doubt I will be able to do tuning around the holidays, but will make that call when it is running. And, it won't be running until everything is ready to go (short of painting the fender).