69 Camaro build. LS/SS

That's nice. My buddy has a 68 with LS like that. He also put the interior from the 99 also... Seats consoles, dash etc..... It looks pretty cool.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429368061.447531.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429368076.496923.jpg
Out with the old
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429368096.548398.jpg
In with the new. To be continued...

Got more than expected done yesterday. Everything is ready to come out of the TA next week. Will get everything out/cleaned/painted/built next weekend and hopefully start mock up.

So it got a little slow the past two weeks thanks to OSCAR and hay season gearing up.

The week before OSCAR we got the LS1 and T56 pulled from the T/A and everything cleaned up real nice. Got the motor on the stand ready for the new goodies. We will build the motor this week and hopefully get it set in the car for at least mocking up where things need to go.

Big things left to purchase:
New wheels/tires
All rear end parts (plans are for a custom built alum 9" rear)
Fuel system

Already over budget... but I went a little further with the motor build than I had planned. I think it's worth it in the end. I went all out on Ram-Rod and it paid off. Not that I intend to sell the car, but if you do it right the first time you don't have to do it twice.

More OT=more fun $$

Also to add... the LS1 had just over 100K on it and when we pulled the heads you could still see the cross hatching in the block. To say GM figured it out with the Gen III motors is an understatement.

I will try to get some legit pictures with my camera this week. If I remember to charge it...

Also to add... the LS1 had just over 100K on it and when we pulled the heads you could still see the cross hatching in the block. To say GM figured it out with the Gen III motors is an understatement.
Than then fugged it all up on gen IV....cant wait to see progress on this thing its going to be sweet. I like those wheels steve posted.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437268468.399743.jpg

Engine and Trans are in. Cross member, motor mounts, and A/C bracket to keep it mounted low. A lot of time in the setup but the fitment is worth the time invested.

That intake looks hella good. You keeping a/c in it?

All the lsx motors I put in cars I usually always spent good amount of time getting them in and as low as I could so there would be no issues with clearance and plumbing and setting them as far back as I could too. Should handle better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea. Definitely keeping a/c. Motor will actually sit back 1/4" from where it is now. The ls engine seems a bit shorter than a sbc. Lots of room to work with. To mount the a/c low and not notch the cross member it doesn't sit as far back as it could but were gonna scale it out and make sure were still good there. I think it will actually be about a half inch to an inch back of the sbc mounting position. At least in the front.

I got the LS installed in my K30. I left the trans in the truck so that I would not have to change any drive shafts ect. and found the LS to be about 1.5" shorter than the SBC.

That seems about right from doing no measurements. I am right at stock location currently which allows me to clear the cross member with the low mounted A/C which is the only way to go IMO. They look like hell the way most people kick them off to the side for clearance. I will actually end up a touch back from stock location when we push it back next week. We are going to put it on the scales and get it to what works best for the car as we built in some movement to the mounts.

Update numero 16.54.

Worked on it all day again Saturday. Got the drivers side header in and luckily everything clears as it should. Pulled the drive train out to paint all of the mounts up as these will be used for now. I will have a set cut out at some point on the laser and powder coated, but for now these look pretty dang good. We ran out of time so I am going back over one night this week to put the drive train back in. I won't be able to work on it this weekend.

Still a good bit left but the figuring things out part is over. Now it's mostly just turning wrenches...

A little update:

I will have all of the parts to finish it this week finally. Still a good bit of work left...

Worked on it today and for the slave cylinder to function properly and be "right" the way I want it to be we are going to have to weld it to the firewall. So, I had to take A LOT of unexpected stuff off to do so. Really no skin lost there as the fender needs to be fixed anyway. Just slowed the process down a little.

As of now here is where I am:
Change the motor mounts one more time to move it back 1/4" further.
Get clutch and brake stuff mounted and hooked up.
Install new A Arms and coil overs (wasn't in the plans originally but with everything coming off for the brakes it is idiotic not to do it now)
Build 9" rear end and install
Have driveshaft made
Have linesets made for steering/hydroboost and A/C
Have the car tuned.

On my way home today I decided I will likely need to order two sets of rear tires for the car. This thing is going to get the balls beaten off of it after all of this work.