Project Warroir for a good cause

with 4.5" of lift it will help with the ride. I dont understand your comment about it not being as safe.
What I was referring to was this set up http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...e=IROR&Product_Code=IR-XLAU&Category_Code=XLK

James @ares fab who is supplying all the armor for my build runs this set up as well as a good amount of folks that he wheels with and I have seen mixed reviews on it some good some bad. It is hard to wade through the opinions of folks who have never ran these systems I just do not think this set up is as safe as say this set up http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...01-XJ-Upgrade-Kit-For-Existing-4-7.5-S-A-Lift. due to the iron rock only useing a lower on the pass side vs upper and lower on pass side like the serious system.

the iron rock kit has two lowers and only one upper. The upper is run to a Cast mount that is moulded into the cast iron housing. I have built a few of these on cherokees in the last few years and they are no less safe than anyone else running a 3 link, but they do not bind and wear out bushings like a typical radius arm setup in your second link.

In negotiation for a spartin locker for the 8.25 29 spline any thoughts?? I was going to go with air or e locker ft and r but a few advised not to waste the money on a air or e locker for the rear but def put one in the front.

just throw a aussie in the rear...with an xj and being auto you will barly even feel it when driving on the street...could also throw the same in front. i had a detroit in the 44 of my ax and a lockrite in the front dana 30..worked great and drove great

The spartian is the same as the aussie?? I am only 2 benjamins and a grant poorer for a new spartian in the box..I think I will still go for a selectable in the front for the controll aspect on the road and off the road.. Might have to do some more research on the lockrite in the front.

yea spartian is the same deal...as long as your not in 4wheel drive on pavement i wouldnt worry to much about a selectable up front. If yous in 2 wheel drive u will never notice the locker in front axle. Just my 2 cents..

That is what I have been running to with the 242 but I plan on a hack and tap sye with the new seal cover and a tom woods , stock front, or other option if avalible shaft .

That is what I have been running to with the 242 but I plan on a hack and tap sye with the new seal cover and a tom woods , stock front, or other option if avalible shaft .
this may be against the grain, and you may have different experiences with an XJ because it has the longer wheelbase, but I would much rather have the selectable in the rear if its an option and then put a lockright/spartan/aussie in the front. The front locker is pretty much unnoticeable, while the rear will clunk and chirp on the street. At least it did on my short wheelbase TJ.

this may be against the grain, and you may have different experiences with an XJ because it has the longer wheelbase, but I would much rather have the selectable in the rear if its an option and then put a lockright/spartan/aussie in the front. The front locker is pretty much unnoticeable, while the rear will clunk and chirp on the street. At least it did on my short wheelbase TJ.
To be honest I was leaning toward a selectible in both due to that issue being possible in the rear as well as on the trail if I need to un lock the front to make a turn I have that option.

Check out Ironman 4x4 fab for arms. He is a stand up guy and builds great stuff and stands behind it all. He has both long arms and adjustable short arms. Andy has all kinds of parts for just about any jeep. He has experience with racing both the xj and a 5.9 grand in the ECORS series. He is in Hayesville, NC. As for lockers with the 242 I'd recommend selectable period. The lock right/aussies are fine in the rear but not the front IMHO. These lockers will ratchet as long as you are coasting. At least that has been my experience with them. I've been wheeling and building on xj's for 10+ years and if you have any questions or need any advise I'll gladly help or try and point you in the right direction. GL with this and if you end up doing day trips to URE or gulches and need another seat or two let me know and I'll join you. Like you I would love to pay some of these guys back with a ride in the woods!

Check out Ironman 4x4 fab for arms. He is a stand up guy and builds great stuff and stands behind it all. He has both long arms and adjustable short arms. Andy has all kinds of parts for just about any jeep. He has experience with racing both the xj and a 5.9 grand in the ECORS series. He is in Hayesville, NC. As for lockers with the 242 I'd recommend selectable period. The lock right/aussies are fine in the rear but not the front IMHO. These lockers will ratchet as long as you are coasting. At least that has been my experience with them. I've been wheeling and building on xj's for 10+ years and if you have any questions or need any advise I'll gladly help or try and point you in the right direction. GL with this and if you end up doing day trips to URE or gulches and need another seat or two let me know and I'll join you. Like you I would love to pay some of these guys back with a ride in the woods!
No problem I appreciate your input and advice and will check out Iron man 4x4 thanks for the info. I may take you up you up depending on the response I get form the vets.

Pulled the trigger on the spartian locker for the 29 spline 8.25 $260.00 to my door new in box sounds good enough. I am also thinking of going with the "solid"diff cover any one have feed back on it . Also need to source a master install kit for the rear with all seals and bearings. Found I guy local that will do all the work setting up replacing seals and swap backing plates for 150.00 I would do all of it my self but I have never done the shim kit or seals and do not have the tools ...

i run the solid dif covers...work good and cheap. Try extremeaxlesales.com i bought alot from him over the years super cool guy and stands behide what he sells