Big Rock scaler comp feb 23

WHEN - February 23rd, 2014

WHERE - 181 Wedgewood Drive, Blacksburg, SC 29702

WHAT TIME - 9:00-9:30 Driver's Meeting & Check In

I expect events to be underway by no later than 10 sharp, estimating a 3-5pm finish (depending on weather). We will have all 3 classes to compete at this event, so bring em if you got em!

We'll be using the SORRCA rules ( SORRCA.com ) for scale points, you will get bonus points toward your final score for having scale looks. As stated above classes will include Class 1,2,3 as explained individually by SORRCA. Exact restrictions are still being finalized, but if you qualify for the SORRCA rules ( SORRCA.com ), you'll be fine. We're not being that strict though. Again this for fun.

There will be 2 Obstacle Courses & 1 Hill Climb! We are planning on running teams for the creek (course 1). Then running solo for the rock obstacle (course 2) & hill climb (course 3).

Basic restrictions:
No modifications between rounds, only repairs.
4WD only. No 6X6, no tracks.
No motor limit.
No transmission limit.
No rear steer.
No dig.
Must be shaft driven.
Must look like a truck or other realistic vehicle. No XR-10 shells.
Must have a rail chassis similar to SCX-10. No twin-plate crawlers. Tubers such as the Wraith are allowed.
Winches recommended. It'll be way tougher without one.
You'll also need tow ropes of some sort, to be carried on vehicle.

***THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO TOUCHING!!!***

Tire Ban List:
Losi Claws (all sizes, and types)
Hot Bodies Rovers (all sizes)
Hot Bodies Sedonas
HPI Rock Grabbers
Panther Cougars
Panther Leopards
Pro-Line Chisels (all sizes)
RC4WD Rocklin
RC4WD X-Locks (all sizes)
RC4WD Crazy Crawlers
Imex Skulls and Bones
Losi Bashers
Sand paddles

If you have a question about your rig and whether it'll be allowed to run, please PM me NOW so we can sort it out or clarify anything prior to you getting out there.

Stuff to bring:
Trucks, transmitter, batteries, charger, and spare parts!
Bug spray
Sunblock.
Drinks (beer if you want).
Cameras!
Lawn chairs if you would like to sit on something.

Now for the somewhat serious part. All entrants will need to sign a waiver. We don't expect anything to happen, but just in case. This can be rather dangerous for younger kids - even grown ups to be around in certain areas. It can be very steep and also containing sharp rock edges, please keep this in mind!

Also, should you cause problems for others, you may be asked to leave. We're trying to keep this fun, and we don't want anyone to ruin it for others. In short, don't be a dick or throw a temper tantrum, and we'll all be fine. This is a family event, and there will be kids there, so make sure yours are under control as well. This is a privately owned property everything we bring in goes with us when we leave.

There will an Entry Fee of 5$ Per driver, this will also include lunch. We are probably going to get some Lil Caesar's if that works for everyone. Prizes/Donations are greatly appreciated if you want to do that instead of an admission fee!

Last edited:
Driver's List

Class 1
1.skerb
2.jeepman1979
3.smookinloon
4.Ajppsc
5.kearbear
6.Fritzn19
7.BadWagon
8.Sigepkyzeta

Class 2
1.wilbywise
2.hatefulboy
3.Goatsniper
4.2003EDGE
5.skerb
6.Sigepkyzeta
7.jeepman1979
8.smookinloon
9.Ajppsc
10.Greenskeeper
11.Oliver
12.Cr4wl3r - wife
13.Wizardman

Class 3
1.hatefulboy
2.Goatsniper
3.BigJon
4.Wizardman
5.laidback
6.Fritzn19
7.Cr4wl3r
8.BadWagon

Had a great time out there today guys, nice meeting new people and seeing old friends. I totally slacked today with the pics because I was to excited talking to people and judging but I know Robert was doing some killer video work. Hope to see y'all at the next comp!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393208830.442961.jpg