The black sheep 89 Bronco II

Got my junk back on the road this weekend. Fixed the power steering pump that went out at gulches, new water pump, the impeller came loose from the shaft so it was pumping but kept it at 210 all day instead of 160 like it normally does. Also went ahead and redid the bottom links, .25" wall 2" DOM with 1.25" johnny joints. Redid the brackets on the frame and axle with brackets from barnes. They're alot further out of harms way now, and the ride is alot tighter. The paint has been getting pretty oxidized so I tried waxing it yesterday, normally that ends with me waxing one panel and then not being able to tell the difference so I give up, but I used meguiars ultimate wax and it looks like a brand new truck.
IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

Trying to keep this up to date. Got a new rear driveshaft from carolina driveline, it got rid of alot of vibration I had with the old one. The new one is 1350 with a CV joint at the transfer case. Also got a winch finally, an M8000 with the synthetic winch line. Now I just have to figure out where I'm gonna put it. I'm hoping it will fit behind the stock bumper.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

IMG_4270.JPG

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

So I won't be able to make it to Oscar this year because I have a final exam this Saturday but I've been prepping my truck for another trip. Saturday is my last exam for my degree. I wanted to take a little time off before I start work. The plan is to trailer out to my brother's house in northern california then head to the rubicon trail from there. I got the winch mounted this weekend. I ended up using a warn transformer winch plate and making some brackets to mount it, then put the stock bumper back on top of it. We also took the tranny and doubler out this weekend and rebuilt them, it had a bearing noise that was getting worse and worse, turned out to be the output bearing and clutch release bearing. I've also been wanting to check the doubler as I've ran it low in oil before I figured out it was leaking, it looked good, I went ahead and replaced the input bearing and the main internal bushing. Still have to put the transmission back in but I'm using my dad's shop so I have it on a lift. Once that's back in I'll pack up all my spares and probably head out saturday or sunday.

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4499.JPG

Awesome man. Bronco is looking great. What degree are you finishing? Congrats on that at any rate..

I'm jealous of the Rubicon trail trip. That's on my bucket list for sure. I think I have Shannon talked into an out west trip as soon as I have a job that allows me to be off for that amount of time.

Awesome man. Bronco is looking great. What degree are you finishing? Congrats on that at any rate..

I'm jealous of the Rubicon trail trip. That's on my bucket list for sure. I think I have Shannon talked into an out west trip as soon as I have a job that allows me to be off for that amount of time.
Thanks man! I'm getting a masters in mechanical engineering, this last exam is gonna be a tough one though. Yeah last year I visited my brother and went to Lake Tahoe and basically rode right by the trail so that got me really wanting to go. I'm supposed to be starting work at the beginning of June so I'll have plenty of time to take my time on the way there and back.

Take plenty of pics from the Con. Mega Jealous. I'm already planning a trip once the kid gets a couple years old enough. Nor Cal is one of my bucket list places.

Take plenty of pics from the Con. Mega Jealous. I'm already planning a trip once the kid gets a couple years old enough. Nor Cal is one of my bucket list places.
I'll make sure I get some good ones, hopefully I'll also have a video of the BroncoII climbing up the soup bowl, we'll see. Northern Cali is pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to cruising around the scenery with the doors off.