Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: White TJ build

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Yesterday I got the uppers set up and burned in along with the lowers. Drilled out my rotors for the new 6 lug pattern. Marcus stopped by too. Ended up scoring his old driveshaft from when he had the 8.8 and 7Ē stretch. Should fit nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Today I finished mounting my upper coil perch. I think it turned out pretty good. I didnít wanna go through the hassle of frenching the perch. I may regret it cause itís putting me about an 1.5Ē over where I was if my calculations are right. But I did finally get a Tire mounted after doing some trimming

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Well looks like it is gonna be a lil high. Here is a pic of it under its own weight. Anyone got any stock rear springs? Jimbo is gonna check for me too

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    I've got 2 sets if you make it down this way.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    I've got 2 sets if you make it down this way.
    Good deal Larry. If Jimbo doesnít have any Iíll be down in Columbia the 8th working from our office for a couple weeks

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

Finally got a post worthy update! Sheís on all four red labels. Brakes working driveshafts front and rear and sitting pretty good! Big thanks to nick @volt for the hook up on the stock rear springs and even got me level with some old 3.5Ē rubicon express springs. Still got several more items to address. Cut skid plate for front drive shaft. Find out where the trans is leaking and figure what the heck Iím doing with rear shocks. Here some pics from the last couple days of work. Overall Iím pretty happy where sheís sittin now

2.5Ē vs stock rear spring

2.5 RC vs 3.5Ērubicon front spring. Surprised the 2.5 was a lil taller but the rubicon coil is thicker

Stance with 1.25Ē wheel spacers on the back

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

Did a several small things this weekend. Replaced a 7.5 year old optima. Painted my front fender cut outs. Fixed a vacuum leak. Adjusted the ďTV cableĒ or throttle valve for the transmission cause it was shifting rough. Still may need to tweak it some. Added the trans cooler. Removed the rear bumper and Reese hitch. Started cutting my rear corner armor out. Got the rear pass side done and took several hot laps around the neighborhood lol. Iím sure they love me since I still donít have a muffler on

Last edited by Drew01taco; 01-22-2018 at 08:30 AM.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Started test fitting the rear armor. Looks like itís gonna be a nice cut for the Tire. Only thing I donít like bout these motobilt corners is even tho I bought the full blank set, there is a nice gap between the armor and the stock jeep cutout. So, Iím thinking about cutting out a piece and welding it in to fill the gap. Any thoughts or suggestions on that?
    See the gap between steel and stock cutout...

Plan to cut out a shape like this and add a 90* piece to go under too

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

Itís been raining all day so I figured Iíd get some work done on the rear armor so I cut out that piece and welded it in. Needs a lil bondo to fill a couple small holes but looks better than I thought it would. Anyone know of a cheap place to get these corners painted white. Greenwood to Columbia because Iím working out of our office down there now. Donít need anything fancy just want it to kinda match. Also ordered some max-bilt Trail tail lights this weekend too.

Last edited by Drew01taco; 01-28-2018 at 10:48 PM.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Check the guy in the old lumber shed behind gary russ. He does stuff for our dealership. Pretty good, cheap and quick
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast