Chuck duh truck! tacoma prerunner

I was able to get the toe in spec myself but as far as camber and caster I'm going to be fabricating some tubular uppers with heims on the frame end and uniballs to the spindle. The heims will let me adjust the alignment alot more then i can now since my uppers are double sheared. I'm buying a bender this month so the truck will be getting a lot of cool tube upgrades.. Rear bumper, some hidden rock sliders, and a in cab cage if I can pull it off:) just gotta find a good cheap metal supply for 1.5 .120 mild. This Saturday I'm welding up my rear diff and going back to 33 to do some gnarly 2wd crawling action! My open diff was killing me, I got up one or two of the chutes tho place was super fun

It's spring break here in aiken! That means chuck is getting a long travel rear end! I'm using a deaver f31 pack and 12 inch over framed shackles, shooting for 17inchs of travel, 8 up 9 down. Ill be using a pair of 14 inch stroke 2.5 resis and building a simple straight tube bed cage. Just bought all the mounting hard wear from ruffstuff specialties, super cool guys over there. Will update with pics when done.

So I tried to put on my deavers, I got the old leafs out, welded on my new front hanger, went to get my bed off and the bolts were all frozen up, I then also realized this project was going to take me a few days with my hand tools and it was my first time doing stuff with leaf spring geometry so I'm going to wait till I can find someone to help me with it that maybe has air tools. I know how it all should be set up I just don't have the garage and knowledge. So if anyone's interested in helpin an 18 year old, making some momey and can put leaf spring suspension together in a day, please hit me up, id be stoked.

I'm a bit confused. You say leaf spring geometry? I assume the new springs are longer, thus making you change the location of the spring hangers. Is this the issue? If so, you just need to locate the cener pin where you want it and adjust the rear spring hanger or shacle mount accordingly to set your pinion angle where you want it.

If the bolts are frozen, apply some heat or cut them off and replace with new ones.

Yeah the new springs are 3 inchs longer In the front and three in the back, but I'm using a 12 inch shackle mounted on top of the frame so the bed has to come off and the rear shackle hanger has to be cut off (full commitment at that point. I just got over whelmed doing it myself without ever doing leafs before and it being my dd

leaves are like childs play compared to the IFS you modified up front
I thought it would be too! Hah I think I just freaked myself out about committing to cutting the stock brackets off. I looked at it all today again and realized i need to take the bed off, cut off my stock rear hanger cleanly incase i need to weld it back on, bolt the leaf to my newly mounted front hanger, bolt to axle, and cycle the shackle till I'm happy with the bump, droop, ride height and that's it. So my fab courage is reinstalled and ill be back at it Thursday hopefully

Worked a solid 12 hours on my truck today! After I took the bed off I realized how much more room I had and went at it again. Had to move all four mounting points (using ruffstuff specialties mounts) and got the deavers to work really well. I'm getting 17 inchs of straight up down wheel travel and am sitting at 8 inches up 9 inches down ( in the prerunner world that's good).

The only thing I'm concerned about are my front hanger welds, the bracket sat weird on my frame and I only got a good looking weld on one side but hopefully the others sank in. Pics are up on dezertrangers.com build thread links up there somewhere ^^

Found a rad steel supply company in NC called stock car steel. Their sending me 32 feet of 1.5 .120 in 8ft increments for $130 shipped. It's about $3 per ft and $30 shipping. So I don't have to worry about gas, or getting a trailer for the tube. And it's cheaper then anyone around SC. So pumped to get going on my bed cage, I'll probably build some sliders if I have left over tubing too

Snapped a lower ball joint in the middle of the road, so I'm putting my bed cage on hold and doing a balljoint delete, building new tube lowers with a 1 inch uniball and a 3/4 grade 8 bolt, with a delrin bushing 7/8s heim on the frame side

Half way through the uniball conversion, in the meantime I gave my truck to Cole Mckie out of north Augusta to build be a simple shock hoop setup to go with my deavers. He built me a sweet low profile hoop setup with a cross brace that let's me actually use my deavers to their full potential. He was a nice guy to work with and his work is great quality. Best part was he did it for half the price anyone else would have. So hit him up (he has ads on craigslist Augusta) if anyone needs quality fab work done.

The hoops really made my truck fun to drive again and utilizes all of my long travel shocks.

Found a rad steel supply company in NC called stock car steel. Their sending me 32 feet of 1.5 .120 in 8ft increments for $130 shipped. It's about $3 per ft and $30 shipping. So I don't have to worry about gas, or getting a trailer for the tube. And it's cheaper then anyone around SC. So pumped to get going on my bed cage, I'll probably build some sliders if I have left over tubing too
That DOM tubing?