MCJ @ West Metro Parade of Lights December 8th

We are going to be entering the West Metro parade of Lights in West Columbia again this year.

12th Street will close for staging at 3:00 pm. The parade rolls at 5:30.

We'll be meeting at Ripley Lighting Controls / SouthCon at 2023 Platt Springs Rd, West Columbia. We will meet around 2:30 and plan to roll out to head to the staging area at 3:30, but we'll have time at Ripley to decorate, remove tops, doors, etc, and we'll all roll from there. We need to have everyone in the group meet at Ripley and go into the parade staging area together. It makes it much easier on the parade coordinators.

But, if for some reason you can't meet us there, we are #33 and will be lining up on the left side of 12th street.

My plan is to get down there pretty early and get something to eat while we wait in the staging area.

2:30 - Meet at Ripley Lighting Controls 2023 Platt Springs Rd, West Columbia
3:30 - Leave Ripley Lighting controls and go to our staging area on 12th Street by the Advance Auto Parts
4:00-5:00 - get dinner at the Bojangles or KFC nearby
5:30 - Parade starts
7:00 - Parade ends, and we will head back over to Ripley Lighting Controls to get doors/tops/etc.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
12th Street will close for staging at 3:00 pm. The parade rolls at 5:30. We'll be meeting at Ripley Lighting Controls / SouthCon at 2023 Platt Springs Rd, West Columbia. We'll post times after I talk to Tripp, but we'll have time at Ripley to decorate, remove tops, doors, etc, and we'll all roll from there. We need to have everyone in the group meet at Ripley and go into the parade staging area together. It makes it much easier on the parade coordinators. But, if for some reason you can't meet us there, we are #33 and will be lining up on the left side of 12th street.

My plan is to get down there pretty early and get something to eat while we wait in the staging area.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The building actually says SouthConn Technologies, not Ripley, and we'll probably be around the side at the loading dock.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Do you just pull off plug of typical Christmas light strand and wire to 12 volts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you can get 12 volt lights, but the better option is run an inverter and normal 110V lights. The mini LED lights have a really low current draw and can be run off of the small cigarette lighter inverters.

We will update this weekend if anything changes with the parade, I'm not sure how rain would affect it but I'm assuming it would not be good.

Dont forget, the more light the better, some of the parade route is pitch back, so we are the only lights for people to see. And if you have auto headlights on your vehicle we will have to cover them up.

We will update this weekend if anything changes with the parade, I'm not sure how rain would affect it but I'm assuming it would not be good.

Dont forget, the more light the better, some of the parade route is pitch back, so we are the only lights for people to see. And if you have auto headlights on your vehicle we will have to cover them up.
What’s the latest word on the parade for tomorrow? Has any body heard if it is still on or not?

From their Facebook

"We finally got confirmation from the Cities of Cayce & West Columbia that postponing the parade to Sunday, December 15th is possible. NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE YET.

We know there is a lot of preparation for being in our parade. Our plan, as of now, is to monitor the weather and make an initial decision around lunchtime on Saturday. If the forecast holds true and we have significant rain AND the forecast for rain on Sunday is 50% or higher, we will probably postpone the parade. If we decide to go ahead and continue with the parade this Sunday, we will more than likely cancel for this year if it rains during staging."

After consulting with the National Weather Service and the Cities of Cayce & West Columbia, the West Metro Parade Committee have decided to POSTPONE tomorrow's West Metro Holiday Parade of Lights to SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15th.

If you are a participant, please let us know by Wednesday, December 11th if you are still participating in the parade.

Brooks, I've to bail on you bud. I've got to go into the office this afternoon :frowny: Maybe next year........ I'll try to make it to the next meeting though.