Wtf

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
KOH dont event have stuff like that....
They may not have requirements like the kill switch, but the point is that they (and any other organized racing event) do have safety standards that any competitor has to adhere by. Either someone steps up within the community that puts these on or everyone will loose. Someone will get seriously hurt or killed. You won't be watching them anymore because no park will ever allow them. If you think events like that can just go on forever and everything will be fine, you are just fooling yourself. It's just a matter of time. I'll enjoy watching them bash their ****, but I'm not going to defend their actions.

01tj

They may not have requirements like the kill switch, but the point is that they (and any other organized racing event) do have safety standards that any competitor has to adhere by. Either someone steps up within the community that puts these on or everyone will loose. Someone will get seriously hurt or killed. You won't be watching them anymore because no park will ever allow them. If you think events like that can just go on forever and everything will be fine, you are just fooling yourself. It's just a matter of time. I'll enjoy watching them bash their ****, but I'm not going to defend their actions.
Do you honestly think SRRS has no rules?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
No, I know they do (shown below). But I didn't see anywhere that it was one of their events. In my opinion, he was breaking one of their rules by wearing a silly skater helmet.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression, I love the bouncers. Heck, I've been known to bounce my little jeep a little more than I should, with a lot less safety equipment (but I'm not surrounded by 300 people, or have 600hp). They push the limits of their equipment and themselves. As the events get bigger and bigger and more people get into the different regulated events and series', more money will come in through sponsors and as always, whenever something gets big, manufacturers want to be the king of whatever is big. So parts will improve and new innovative parts benefits everyone. So pointing out a glaring issue in the layout/structure of these events is meant to be constructive, not bashing .... at least from me.

2013 SRRS Safety & Equipment

Roll cage tied into the frame*
Five-point Safety harnesses*
Must be at least 18 years old
Helmet must be worn (and buckled) at all times - no ornamental helmets*
Fire extinguisher mounted in the Vehicle*
Eye protection required
All occupants must be secure before the car moves
39″ or bigger tires
Vehicles must have a master electrical switch
easily accessible *

No, I know they do (shown below). But I didn't see anywhere that it was one of their events. In my opinion, he was breaking one of their rules by wearing a silly skater helmet.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression, I love the bouncers. Heck, I've been known to bounce my little jeep a little more than I should, with a lot less safety equipment (but I'm not surrounded by 300 people, or have 600hp). They push the limits of their equipment and themselves. As the events get bigger and bigger and more people get into the different regulated events and series', more money will come in through sponsors and as always, whenever something gets big, manufacturers want to be the king of whatever is big. So parts will improve and new innovative parts benefits everyone. So pointing out a glaring issue in the layout/structure of these events is meant to be constructive, not bashing .... at least from me.

2013 SRRS Safety & Equipment

Roll cage tied into the frame*
Five-point Safety harnesses*
Must be at least 18 years old
Helmet must be worn (and buckled) at all times - no ornamental helmets*
Fire extinguisher mounted in the Vehicle*
Eye protection required
All occupants must be secure before the car moves
39″ or bigger tires
Vehicles must have a master electrical switch
easily accessible *
I never knew they had a minimum tire size.

01tj

I'm thinking that Jordan was wearing an Axel Offroad helmet, and SRRS approves those helmets. If it matters to anyway his seat broke on impact as well.

I'm thinking that Jordan was wearing an Axel Offroad helmet, and SRRS approves those helmets. If it matters to anyway his seat broke on impact as well.
They shouldn't. These guys should at least have a proper full face helmet on. Would have helped a ton in that situation.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=28739.25

Quote from: Southern Rock Racing on October 28, 2013, 09:43:59 PM

SRRS is always looking for ways to make things safer for the drivers and fans. We are currently working with different vendors for safety equipment for 2014, from fire suits, fire systems (halon), Hans neck support, to remote shut offs. I know several racers in the series are concerned with us giving bigger payouts, but we are more concerned with investing more $$ in safety equipment, like the Axel helmets we gave to the racers that ran every race for 2013. We have several new safety rules and guidelines for 2014. Some of things we will require may seem useless to some, but it will help to keep the fans safe and the drivers safe. We may decide to run race courses that aren't as extreme as you would want, but safety and crowd control will always be high up on the list when picking race hills. We would love to run Violator or Showtime at Choccolocco, but if someone got hurt it would be a nightmare trying to get out of there safely and timely.

These rednecks aren't as dumb as they seem. Thankfully.