Wtf

I agree, those seats are way to small for him, plus those harness' are mounted way wrong for some one his height. On top of all that he's wearing a piece of **** bicycle helmet, and has no fire wall between him and the fuel cell.

I can't believe there aren't more injuries in that sport.

So my $500 1987 Honda Accord had headrests...but these guys can't put one in these $100k buggies...

A Headrest would've prevented over half of that. Oh and something better than a skater helmet.

Safety gear looks stupid until you need it.

01tj

When Timmie had this buggy built it had Kirkeys in it. If Jordan would have left those in when he bought it he wouldn't have had that problem. But I feel his pain on why he removed the Kirkeys. But I wouldn't say that getting hurt was the result of him trying to have a cool looking buggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with different seats the fuel cell would still be stupid close to your head....and when I said making them look cool I say that because a lot of the have tube all over the dam place and not a lot of head room...just my 2 cents I don't know it all but with the correct design you can make things stronger with less tube And safer

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Proper sized seats would have completely stopped the injury from happening, but it is pretty dumb mounting a cell that close with no firewall or anything.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure who the standard size suspension seats are made for, but at 6'4" the top of the headrest would be about shoulder high on me. The headrest is actually useful on my ultra SS seats. As for the helmet, I think a skate/action sports helmet is fine for a little extra protection if you are hitting a tough obstacle while trail riding. Then again, I'm not jumping my Jeep 40' through the air up a hill.

A new cross bar behind the seats and a couple of these. Problem solved.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Twisted-Stitch-10-Remote-Headrest-Pad-p-25892.html#.Um5qO9LD-Uk

yea i herd he was about to put some of those plastic molded race style seats in it for more safety :flipoff2: if he wants to put himself in danger let him, its his own fault. but i did see where they are gonna put different seats in it so that the cell is covered from any contact happening again

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm just enjoying the show while it lasts. Honestly, it's just a matter of time before someone dies. Drunk spectators right next to the course and 700hp death machines 30' in the air, seriously, it's just a matter of time. Don't get me wrong, if I had the extra money to throw at it, I would love to romp around in one. But, back to the incident at hand ... he should have known better. A pointy piece of metal a few inches behind your head .... what did he think was going to happen?

01tj

Hahaha I'm glad everyone hates on these guys rigs when I'm sure there is things that needs to be fixed in your own rigs. Why would you go wheelin' with out a roll cage? Holy crap what were you thinking??

Probably wouldn't hurt for those hill killer places (or the racing series, not really sure how it works) that hold the races to have certain requirements when it comes to safety items. It would be no different than drag racing. Cage certain distance from helmet, fuel cell mounted in certain place ect. I also think they ought to have an electronic shutoff like a monster truck. It wouldn't have taken much for that dude to have gotten stunned and pegged that thing into the crowd. Could probably rig up some kind of electric line lock on the brakes too so that mofo doesn't go careening down the hill if they get incapacitated.

Hahaha I'm glad everyone hates on these guys rigs when I'm sure there is things that needs to be fixed in your own rigs. Why would you go wheelin' with out a roll cage? Holy crap what were you thinking??
Yeah we could all have better equipment but nobody here races either. Like greg says its only a matter of time before shtf. It is a racing series and they ought to have some standards. It only takes one dude to lose it and mow down a bunch of people to cause a huge lawsuit that sinks the park and we lose another place to wheel.

01tj

Probably wouldn't hurt for those hill killer places (or the racing series, not really sure how it works) that hold the races to have certain requirements when it comes to safety items. It would be no different than drag racing. Cage certain distance from helmet, fuel cell mounted in certain place ect. I also think they ought to have an electronic shutoff like a monster truck. It wouldn't have taken much for that dude to have gotten stunned and pegged that thing into the crowd. Could probably rig up some kind of electric line lock on the brakes too so that mofo doesn't go careening down the hill if they get incapacitated.
KOH dont event have stuff like that....

Since its so unsafe yall should probably just stay away from these events.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
KOH dont event have stuff like that....

Since its so unsafe yall should probably just stay away from these events.:cheers:
Why everyone getting so defensive?? It should be something people can learn by...also koh u have a stand pretty far back while cars are on coarse especially since some of those big wrecks in desert racing last year where people got hury

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I think the crowd control at KOH is a bit better than at the rock bouncing events. But I know why

However the remote kill switch is a good idea. They have those at the monster truck rallys. They test it before and if anyone sees something going south, they hit the kill switch.

Easier to do-over the run than to have an issue.