Lots of mountain roads according to Google maps

Off hwy 441 between Cherokee and Sylva, NC there is a lot, really alot of mountain roads. Does anyone have any info on them? Are they open for public access? While driving on HWY 441 saw few entrences to these roads, they didn't have any posted signes or baricades, but looked like people are using them often.
Google following and it will put you close to that location: Great Smoky Mountain Expy, Whittier, NC 28789. Then to the north of HWY 441 there are alot of trails, atleast look like trails, roads. Some of them end up with a house, but alot are just to nowhere.

I'd check it out with a Delorme Gazeteer but my gut is telling me they are driveways having driven through there several times as well. The Gazeteer will tell if it is a forest road or unmaintained trail etc.

For a while there I was using the US Topo maps on a basic program (this was like, 2003~2005, back in the day when you had to use mapquest) and I found TONS of roads but they were all gated or had been blocked somehow.

I did the same for Pretince Cooper WMA. TONS of roads but when we got up there, most were overgrown/abandoned or gated.

Definitely do your research ahead of time but expect most of them to be closed. So if you go out there, I'd say if 2 out of the 10 are legit, then you are good to go.

The thing is that I was coming back from Blue Ridge park way and I saw lots of open roads going up into the mountains from the road. Most of them looked like they are used prety often, and no gates or what so ever was seen on any of them. Than after I get home I looked at google maps and saw that some of these roads are to private homes, while most are just trails around the mountains, that intercross each other. Reason for posting this here is that I thought that maybe someone was there and knows more about how legal are they.

There is all sorts of shenanigans up there. Many years ago I ended up one a gravel road back up in there in my Honda Accord. Despite not being paved, the roads were in good shape. Had no issues traversing with a small car with three bald tires and the fourth not exactly round.

That said, we did do a bunch of stupid crap with that car. My god what a champion.

There is all sorts of shenanigans up there. Many years ago I ended up one a gravel road back up in there in my Honda Accord. Despite not being paved, the roads were in good shape. Had no issues traversing with a small car with three bald tires and the fourth not exactly round.

That said, we did do a bunch of stupid crap with that car. My god what a champion.
So there is not much for a Jeep upthere?