My XJ's Big Boy Stage

Well its been a little while since I've posted on here last. A few things have happened since. To start me and some guys from Clemson off road went to Uwharrie on the last weekend of the season. Drove up in the rain, wheeled all day in the rain and then camped in the rain. Had an absolute blast! Had to hit everything with a little bit of speed or you weren't making it up. Did however loose my sway bar bolt on the drive up so as of now I'm sway barless. After that weekend I flew and met my parents up in New York for a few days before Christmas (They were coming home for the holidays from Saudi and stopped over in NY). On the day we we're suppose to fly back (The 23rd). I apparently drew the short straw unwillingly and was kicked from the already overbooked flight. Well after some discussion and some *** showing. I was booked on the later Charlotte flight and had a check for 3 times the ticket price in my wallet.. MORE JEEP PARTS RIGHT?!?!? Finally made it home 3am Christmas Eve. The weekend after Christmas we went on our annual Christmas Gulches trip. Unfortunately Weather kept us from camping. so we just went for the day. I did get some videos and will post them as soon as I can... The biggest news of this post is the Jeep is no longer the DD and has been moved to a total streetable trail rig! Did that DD/Tow Rig mod today with an 07 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins.. Now just need to buy a trailer lol

IMG_5345_zps63f37f86.jpg

Alright well I sold my axles...kinda. So will be starting up on the axle swap here soon. My dad is the one that ended up buying my axles for his Jeep. He is paying me half and I have to get the other half out of his old axles.. Which is very doable do to the fact that he has the factory Dana 44 and 3.73s. So hopefully will be getting a move on here in the next few months and most likely done before April for the OSCAR trip.

Alright well I sold my axles...kinda. So will be starting up on the axle swap here soon. My dad is the one that ended up buying my axles for his Jeep. He is paying me half and I have to get the other half out of his old axles.. Which is very doable do to the fact that he has the factory Dana 44 and 3.73s. So hopefully will be getting a move on here in the next few months and most likely done before April for the OSCAR trip.
Nice. good luck.

Picked up some 8 lug stuff today.. Will be ordering gears and bearings tomorrow. Hopefully can have all the parts I need by the end of the month and can build and install during the month of march in time for Harlan.

IMG_5578_zpsc6b5b508.jpg

Got some 37s yesterday.. Goodyear Military MTRs. Got them for a decent price with about 95% tread left so I'm happy. Yes they are a little harder then most other off road tires but they'll get me rolling till I can order something better. As for the gears and bearings for the HP44, I was going to order them Tuesday but after some noise in the front end of my truck and a trip to my mechanic turns out I need all 4 new ball joints so that took priority. So have to hold off for a little bit on all of that. However! I should be starting a new job monday, on my 21st birthday :(, But I should be bringing in a steady pay check again! So I'm extremely excited about it!

IMG_5619_zps288015f6.jpg

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!! 21st at that! :cheers:

In other news picked up some humvee locks yesterday.. Got all 4 for $50 so I'm happy. Almost every where else I looked they wanted $45-50/pc so I think I got a good deal. Since they have a major amount of backspacing.. I am just going to run some spacers till i can either get these re-centered or buy some already re-centered. I think with the large backspacing and the wider axles if i run a spacer I might come out at the same track with I have now with stock axles.. Which i am ok with for the time being.. Really just looking for these to get me rolling without dumping a ton of $$$$ into tires and wheels.

IMG_5631_zps813fdc44.jpg

Last edited:
Got my gears and bearings today! Was going to order a spool but a buddy of mine has a Detroit that needs a little work that he's going to sell me cheap. All the work I've had to do on my truck lately has really put a damper on the axles. So I'm going to be cutting it close for having them done before April but hopefully I can get them done.

IMG_5687_zps48a5773d.jpg

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!! 21st at that! :cheers:

In other news picked up some humvee locks yesterday.. Got all 4 for $50 so I'm happy. Almost every where else I looked they wanted $45-50/pc so I think I got a good deal. Since they have a major amount of backspacing.. I am just going to run some spacers till i can either get these re-centered or buy some already re-centered. I think with the large backspacing and the wider axles if i run a spacer I might come out at the same track with I have now with stock axles.. Which i am ok with for the time being.. Really just looking for these to get me rolling without dumping a ton of $$$$ into tires and wheels.

IMG_5631_zps813fdc44.jpg
I run recentered H1's atm. They hit the leaf springs but worked fine on the front before recentering them.. I'm running front and rear 60's though. No runflat/beadlock's? Jeep looks good. NAXJA has a big event in Harlan every 4th of July. You should check it out and bring some friends!

I run recentered H1's atm. They hit the leaf springs but worked fine on the front before recentering them.. I'm running front and rear 60's though. No runflat/beadlock's? Jeep looks good. NAXJA has a big event in Harlan every 4th of July. You should check it out and bring some friends!
Yeah Ive got the run flats. They came in the tires i bought. I actually pulled them out yesterday to clean out the "runflat" lube and so that i can shave the runflat portion down to where I only have the beadlock. As for the clearance issue. I was planning on ordering a set of spacers. and then eventually getting some recenters.

Well.. Found another craigslist deal I just couldn't pass up last night. Drove up to get them today.. Was kinda saving the money for brackets buttttt.. I got them anyway lol Found a set of recentered H1s with pressed centers and rockrings. 3.5" of backspacing compared to 7". I will paint them and plan on changing the rock rings later on but leaving them alone for the time being. I'm glad I found these because I threw 2 of the tires on the factory H1s (without the run flats) I had and mounted them to the 60 to get an idea of track width and everything. I measured it out and I was going to be sitting about the same width as my stock axles with 4" backspaced wheels.

IMG_5744_zps80f8d65b.jpg

IMG_5746_zps66549577.jpg

mounted up for some measurements
IMG_5740_zpsc840d21c.jpg

Non Jeep related. Got some new steering for my truck. The stock stuff was slap wore out. Went with the newer T-link set up instead of the Y-link thats on it now. This stuff is beefy!
IMG_5748_zpsb0bb7894.jpg

Last edited: