My XJ's Big Boy Stage

Got my tie rod fabbed up last weekend. Will try and get the drag link done this weekend. May even get the hubs and tires on and it sitting on it's own weight for once in a few months.. Will see what happens.

DC0AD998-D7D6-4498-884D-B3291F0D7D29_zpse1wumz4q.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Got a little work done today.. Messed around to see where the tire may sit. Had a little wet spot not gonna lie. I think its gonna look soo awesome, cant wait!! Also bought my bolts for the steering and the shorter ones I needed for the coil retainers. The retainer bolts I bought were still too long. Went to cut them down.. and well my clothes weren't very angle grinder friendly. Set myself on fire. Luckily noticed it and put it out before I burnt my dick off! Had a laugh and finished cutting lol. Got them in and then got the weight of the Jeep on the new axle for the first time. Its not sitting sitting straight under the jeep yet. but will work that out in the next few weeks. Just ready for it to be done!

IMG_6199_zpsd5094553.jpg

IMG_6200_zpsa1e205b9.jpg

IMG_6201_zps7fdc076d.jpg

Got a few things in last night.. Rotors, studs, and a set of pads. Ordered them from advance. Got it all for $104 so I'm quite pleased lol now just need another set of calibers and front wheel bearings and I should be set!

IMG_6209_zps98efd810.jpg

IMG_6214_zpsb925a782.jpg

IMG_6215_zpsfaccd2a8.jpg

Ok so got some work done friday. Went out of town friday night so this was all I was able to get done with work.. Got all the outers on. Just kinda threw it together so we can set up the track bar and drag link. After some more looking I'll probably be able to run my TnT track bar frame mount for the time being with a little trimming. So probably next weekend after finals I probably get that done. Then it will be too the D60 and getting that under.. So close now. I do also have to find out why my tires are leaking down. but I'll worry about that later..

IMG_6223_zps44a2f755.jpg

IMG_6224_zps3ea025f2.jpg

Can't get any side shots right now.. From our measurements though Ive only gain half an inch. but that is only due do that link of my lowers. I have them adjusted out at the maximum I feel safe out. Will end up making some longer lowers.

Got the track bar and drag link fabbed up today. Will be painting it all tomorrow and throwing it under for hopefully the last time. I need to have the Jeep done this week so will be just giving up on the rear and taking it up to the 4x4 shop monday and letting them do the brackets on it. Then will throw it under as soon as I get back. Hopefully will be able to début it at the local poker run put on by Clemson 4 wheel center next weekend.

IMG_6255_zpse2ad5d9e.jpg

IMG_6257_zps909ffa7c.jpg

how much longer is your drag link than your trackbar? also may want to look at boxing in that truss, or bolting it to the housing. looks like its only 1/4"

how much longer is your drag link than your trackbar? also may want to look at boxing in that truss, or bolting it to the housing. looks like its only 1/4"
The the track bar and drag link aren't different enough to cause a problem. Bought the same difference as it was on my old set up so should be fine. As for the "truss" Im also not too worried about it because its only there as a bushing bridge, not a truss. I will though probably tie it into the diff cover bolts.

Pulled it one last time to burn the TB mount in and paint her up.. Realized after I pulled it I didn't do shock mounts. But that'll be easy to do once its back in so I'm not worried. Dropping the rear off in the morning. So its looking good for having it done by the end of the week!!

IMG_6259_zps30f81a3d.jpg

The the track bar and drag link aren't different enough to cause a problem. Bought the same difference as it was on my old set up so should be fine. As for the "truss" Im also not too worried about it because its only there as a bushing bridge, not a truss. I will though probably tie it into the diff cover bolts.
Bushing bridge ??? Looks like you have your upper link welded to it...I would def brace that to the pumpkin so it doesn't rip off...

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

are you running a 3 link or a radius arm? either way I think you are going to bend that "bushing bridge" truss. In a radius arm setup the arms fight each other like a sway bar, so it will put a lot of stress on it.

Brian Miller didn't box in his truss that was quarter inch and it bended around and flexed all over the place before he boxed it in. I would definitely do something to tie that truss in. Something as simple as a 4 inch section in front and behind the section of the truss where the upper link is will make a word of difference.

I'll probably brace it to the cover.. The back of it is sitting on the housing so it can't rock back so with it braced to the cover should keep it from rocking forward

Sent from my iPhone

I'll probably brace it to the cover.. The back of it is sitting on the housing so it can't rock back so with it braced to the cover should keep it from rocking forward

Sent from my iPhone
I'm just saying i wouldn't skimp out 2 hours of work on your truss cause your upper link failing would be pretty detrimental.