Garage options

Trying to figure out prices and different options on building a garage....looking to build a 30x30x12 garage...want to make sure I can build a carport or extend garage if I need to down the road..
Still not sure on what structure I wanna build it out of pole barn? Stick? Metal? What I do know is I want 2 10ft door and a 3ft walk in..also know that I want in insulated...

Anyone have any company's in the area to suggest for kits?? Gonna prob build it myself because I don't wanna pay for labor

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Pole building is the BEST for the money. Without a doubt. Hoover is one of the better known names around. They do so many that its hard to beat their labor rates. You could look at theirs and get an idea of material and compare your cost to the cost of them doing the whole shebang.

Pole building is the BEST for the money. Without a doubt. Hoover is one of the better known names around. They do so many that its hard to beat their labor rates. You could look at theirs and get an idea of material and compare your cost to the cost of them doing the whole shebang.
I agree that a pole building is the best way to go, but every time I have went to the Hoover branch in Greer, the price quickly jumps to stick built price levels regardless of how many features I leave off, and it's always considerably higher than the prices paid by other friends that have pole buildings done in other states by other builders.

Are there other good pole builders in upper South Carolina?

Have a barn raising one Saturday. I went to one years ago at a Guy I know in towns place and we built a large pole barn in a day. Buy some beers and that's your labor right there. Get taco and dale to whip you up some cabinets, Jimbo to criticize everything.

I agree that a pole building is the best way to go, but every time I have went to the Hoover branch in Greer, the price quickly jumps to stick built price levels regardless of how many features I leave off, and it's always considerably higher than the prices paid by other friends that have pole buildings done in other states by other builders.

Are there other good pole builders in upper South Carolina?

I know the Hoover Buildings over here in West Columbia / Lexington actually has a materials sales office. I wonder since they kit everything then deliver it if they would sell you just the kit and plans? Also a brother of the hoovers split off and has started a business called Hoover Cainup.

Have a barn raising one Saturday. I went to one years ago at a Guy I know in towns place and we built a large pole barn in a day. Buy some beers and that's your labor right there. Get taco and dale to whip you up some cabinets, Jimbo to criticize everything.
Good idea! "Critical review" is already taken care of though....I'm married. :grin:

I know the Hoover Buildings over here in West Columbia / Lexington actually has a materials sales office. I wonder since they kit everything then deliver it if they would sell you just the kit and plans? Also a brother of the hoovers split off and has started a business called Hoover Cainup.
I will check into that. If you have a tractor with a loader, and a auger setup, that helps put it into something you could do with materials.

That's funny right there

Still checking into to stuff with county on how big I can go...but also looking into doing metal building because I use to build green houses and I can set that up quick once the concrete pad is in