hp44/9in with 39s?

Im sticking with keeping it light and simple on 35 - 37s. Throw leaves under it and waggys and see what you break. Hunter has a geared and locked 44 waggy rear he was talking about selling you could scoop that from him. Low hp and lots of gearing and you will have a lot of fun and keep it relatively light.

Im sticking with keeping it light and simple on 35 - 37s. Throw leaves under it and waggys and see what you break. Hunter has a geared and locked 44 waggy rear he was talking about selling you could scoop that from him. Low hp and lots of gearing and you will have a lot of fun and keep it relatively light.
hunter's rear 44 is fawked

Lots of good ideas in here, but I will say this a 9" will hold up to way more than a 35. Stock no, but there is tons of room to grow with one. Also keep in mind that casey's jeep will have a easy 1000 lbs on a built nissan, and it has about twice the power.

Lots of good ideas in here, but I will say this a 9" will hold up to way more than a 35. Stock no, but there is tons of room to grow with one. Also keep in mind that casey's jeep will have a easy 1000 lbs on a built nissan, and it has about twice the power.
that was my thought its the d44 that the main issue

no balljoints or u joints. And ppl do trash the ring gear but most of the ppl running them are 4 poppers with lots of gearing so they last. I'll be running 37s on a 44 front, will it hold up, we shall see. I have a gutted TJ with a fiery 2.5l that i doubt weighs to much.

no balljoints or u joints. And ppl do trash the ring gear but most of the ppl running them are 4 poppers with lots of gearing so they last. I'll be running 37s on a 44 front, will it hold up, we shall see. I have a gutted TJ with a fiery 2.5l that i doubt weighs to much.
o yeah forgot about that. i guess im gonna go for it and see what happens too. and yeah the HB will be rockin no doors and everything that can will be gutted

how is something so small supposedly so much stronger? i know the d44 is a weak link with 39s but a built 9in should be good right?
The answer to your first question is here: http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/

For your second define built 9"? I would say if you have the big bearing carrier, arb broached to 35 spline, and some chromos you should be fine. Maybe throw in an upgraded case as well.

Last edited:
35 spline chromos, 5.38s, a detroit and a trussed housing. a hi-9 would be nice but thats alotta $$$
You want beef with birfields, get fzj80 axles. Full float rear and most compare them to 1 tons. You can find them with elocker front and rears. Only disadvantage i can think of is that theres only 1 option of off the shelf hi-steer and its pricey.

I was talking about something like the nodular cases that are out there not a hi 9. Something like this http://www.jegs.com/i/Strange-Engineering/873/N1906/10002/-1?parentProductId=744496

You want beef with birfields, get fzj80 axles. Full float rear and most compare them to 1 tons. You can find them with elocker front and rears. Only disadvantage i can think of is that there's only 1 option of off the shelf hi-steer and its pricey.
There is soon to be a new upgraded knuckle set up for high steer. High steer isn't always a good thing. I would gain about 3 in of uptravel by going to cross over low steer.

dont need to upgrade rear just put disks on and you are good, must run atleast outer cromo birfields on front. if you got big power the 529 ringpinion will give up on the toy stuff, the stock 410s will hold for a while.

I opted for treated and well set-up 5:29's. Keeps stress off of outputs and gears have held up well thus far on the sticky's.

OK, should not have posted this. Loaded the 4runner up tonight and ended up having to swap the rear third out. Turn's out my heavy foot struck again. If you drive with any sense they last a long time. Drive like an *** hole and you will get a solid year or more of wheeling out of them as I have. I think I am gonna go to tons so if your interested look for my for sale ad on mine eventually. (they are as built as you can find)

Last edited: