hp44/9in with 39s?

just outta of curiosity lets say i got a 44/9 combo and kept breakin the 44 and decided to upgrade to a d60 front is there anyway to convert a 9in to 8 lug of a d60 to 5 lug?

if weight is a concern on a 14 then do a disc swap. thats almost 100lbs weight savings there dependig on which one you go with. Also you can shave the heck out of a 14bolt and net some decent ground clearence. If im not mistaken kirby shaved enough out of his that he had to grind down the ring gear. Lb for lb the 14 bolt is a beast. Its so strong that a detroit even goes in the factory carrier. IMO building a 60 rear is pissing in the wind considering how strong a 70 and 14 are from the get go. And a 14 is CHEAP ive seen them go for 75 bucks.

been said already but i just read this thread....and with personal experience, no. 35" with a hp44/9" and i've busted several front stock shafts and a rear shaft. good axle combo for 35" with chromos in front but not 39". RCV's in the front and 35 spline the rear and run 37" but if you have a half decent motor and a right foot it will not do 39 with stock parts.

holy crap just looked up RCV's stuff and thats alotta cash money! like $1300 :eeek:! for the weight of a hp44 over a D60 i might could be convinced to get em but that will be a ways away.