project skinny pedal

It was hooked up right. the very first time i flipped it on i thought i had the line to the motor disconnected, but i didn't. I know it worked then because i didn't have the return line hooked up on the motor and it started spewing a watery gas mix out of the pressure regulator across the shop. i quickly turned it off. That was the last time it pumped anything. It makes noise, just doesn't pump..

I'm getting burnt out on wrenching on this thing and nothing working right, but I'm still plugging along..

Some new bling under the hood..
uploadfromtaptalk1366770925348.jpg

A little hint at whats under the hood..
uploadfromtaptalk1366771268343.jpg

Also cut my tailgate down since I dovetailed the rear. It still swings open and functions as it did before. Cut 11" out of the middle
uploadfromtaptalk1366771032987.jpg

A little bondo and it will look good as new. If you really wanna test your patience come weld on some sami sheet metal. Ive drank beer outta cans thicker than this crap. You could literally burn through it with a soldering gun I think.. Spot...spot...damnit... spot.. spot.. mutha fucker is pretty much how it goes...

Still waiting on the fuel pump so I can hear this thing run. Thats all for tonight...
Sent from my Obama phone....

.024 and they heat all the way down.. I eneded up having to back it with a strip brass to absorb the heat and that helped out a lot. Its still no fun though...

.024 and they heat all the way down.. I eneded up having to back it with a strip brass to absorb the heat and that helped out a lot. Its still no fun though...
when we cut out for Larrys stretch on his sammy we found that out, I think beer cans may be thicker. Looks good though man, nice work. I'm ready to see of video of this thing getting it through the yard!

Tailgate is finished and the offroadSC swag is on! The tailgate has never been straight as the sun had been hit from behind before I ever bought it. But it serves its purpose for keeping stuff from falling out the back.
uploadfromtaptalk1367017814169.jpg

got the new fuel pumped hooked up today.. seems to be working fine...

Oh yea.. and this...:flipoff2:

[video=youtube;2viyWWN6DWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2viyWWN6DWE[/video]

fawker needs some exhaust bad.. open header is a loooouuuuddd bitch...

This being the first motor ive ever torn completely down and rebuilt myself it was very nice to hear her fire off... I was worried that I hadn't got the timing set right considering thatmotor has 3 timing chains...

Got the radiator mounted tonight, just gotta finish weld the mounts. Also got the orbital mounted and ready to go. It seems all these little jobs are the damn hardest to commit to and finish...:sly:
uploadfromtaptalk1367895998186.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367896021788.jpg

The small stuff is always the worst part. Lookin good though. Ready to hear some rev limmiter side steps c'mawn! You gonna be ready for memorial day??

I'm trying .. but no promises... that also has to be the weekend the gf moves in down at MUSC in Charleston....

Got some small stuff done in the past few nights...

Mounted the seats
uploadfromtaptalk1374721851561.jpg

Whats left to do....

Fix clutch
bend trans shifter
Drive shafts
mount 40's and check for clearance
mount steering ram
Top off fluids

Im in the final stretch, just gotta get done!

Well... I'm back.... Got a new motor and maybe a tube chassis to swap all my stuff over to... waiting to hear back from the guy... It's been way to damn long fella's. Hope to see yall on the trails around January!

I still have it. But if I can get a deal on a buggy I've been looking at I plan to swap everything over to it. It's a zuk based buggy so I will still use some body from it