project skinny pedal

I'm using my 22r radiator and cools it plenty. How do you know the Sammy one won't work? Mine sits right on 190-195 without a shroud and a mechanical fan. Once I hit the highway it drops to almost 175.

Try the Sammy radiator without a thermostat.
This can cause problems as well. A water pump can cause fluid to cavitate because there is not enough resistance. Also this can cause the fluid to move through the radiator too fast and not cool sufficiently. Or it can cause no ill effects if you are lucky. Or would it just be unlucky to have the problems? I've heard more stories and Internet lore of problems then actual problems.

I've backed up and since ordered an all aluminum 20r radiator which I got a smoking deal on at genesis auto parts... Didn't really notice that there was like a 13" difference in width and height combined on the taco radiator. That thing is huge. So I will have an under hood mounted one now...

Sent from my Obama phone....

Wiring wiring wiring.... thats all ive been doing... sounds fun doesn't it...:rolleyes:
Got the motor harness all back on and ecu

Ecu mounted in the passenger compartment to the firewall. Strap is just holding it down so it doesn't flap.
uploadfromtaptalk1366080995767.jpg

The Taurus fan wiring is a monster.. finally got it figured out. Its got a temp sensor that turns the fan on low at 182 degrees. Then at 195 I get a warning light on the dash and I have a toggle that will ground out and turn it to high. I could have added amother temp switch fir this but I had to cut some cost somewhere. Those things are not cheap! This bitch draws 45 continuous amps... thats alot for an e-fan so I had to build the relay system to hold it. It takes up alot of space.. but I shouldn't have to worry about it now!
uploadfromtaptalk1366081457802.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366081495483.jpg

Last edited:
Also wired up my efi relay. It has a safety cutoff toggle in the cab in the cab.
uploadfromtaptalk1366081761336.jpg

Here are the switches. I got a smoking deal on them at $5 ea. Apparently the website had a glitch and i took advantage of it. Tried to go back later and order some more when I realized it but it had been fixed. The zuk had factory knock outs on the dash that fit them perfectly. They turned out slick.
uploadfromtaptalk1366081979232.jpg

Lit up in the dark.
uploadfromtaptalk1366082039851.jpg

Got just a few more wiring loose ends to wrap up and it will be done. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! :cool:

The new case for my transmission came in today. Gonna be taking it out tomorrow and getting it right. I'm getting excited seeing this thing come together!

Got the trans and cases back in tonight, New clutch, buttoned up the wiring. I have no pics, sorry guys... all that'd really left to do is to put the radiator in, figure out the drive shafts, build the exhaust and put the longs in. I hope to fire her up by the end of the weekend . Hope to take it wheeling in the first week of May or so for a shakedown...

Got the intake on today. Its the trail gear one for a Tacoma and the filter is fawking huge... had to modify a good bit of it to make it work.
uploadfromtaptalk1366500913815.jpg

Also filled the motor with oil and turned it over several times to prime the oil pump..

I then hooked up the fuel pump and checked the system for leaks. Then turned it off. I knew the tank had some water in it so I drained the fuel rail and hooked the pump up to pump all the bad gas/water out of the tank. There was less than a gallon in there. Hooked the fuel pump back up and put 5 gal of premium in. Hit the switch and wwwaaapppoooowww the fawkin $160 brand new warlbro pump burnt up.... it still spins but has absolutely no suction. Checked the pre filter and it was clear as well and blew air threw all the fuel lines and still nothing .. apparently they done like a watery gas mix... I have the worst dumb luck with this thing....:banghead:

Last edited:
Did a little bit of work today. Got my gauge panel built and gauges mounted and wired up
uploadfromtaptalk1366580302122.jpg

Something is up with the clutch. I'm not sure what but the release bearing and fork seem seized up and not working when I push the clutch pedal.... guess I'm pulling the trans and t-cases again this week... :mad:

Well the reason I asked was...I took mine on and off and then it wouldn't pump but would run and make noise. I had negative and positive on backwards. Switched the wires and it worked. But I also have an e2000 that runs and don't pump even hooked up correctly. Jus brain storming.