Powertank

I filled out the contact us form on the powertank website a while back to ask some questions about a custom nitrogen transfill hose that I had been looking for to fill my 20cf tank from a bulk tank. I sent the email at midnight and at 12:15 a guy named Steve replied telling me that they could make the hose with the standard N2 fittings on each end and also answered a few more of my questions. The next day which was Friday, I called in the order and on that following Monday it was in my mailbox from California. I have since ordered several items and Steve has helped me multiple times with getting my tanks right and they are not even Powertanks. Turns out he is the CEO as well. They were exeptional to deal with. Peace.

Very true. Thats why I got nitrogen, to never have to deal with exchanging a tank again. I would not even know who fills CO2 in Gwood. I have to keep full bulk tanks of Nitro on hand at work for calibrating our O2 analyzers. We may use 10lbs in 5 yrs! I have been wanting to fill my CO2 tank(20lb) with Nitro but am not sure if thats safe or even possible. I am going to ask Steve or Steve97TJ and see what they say. That would be nice to have in truck to fill my smaller tank if needed when out wheeling. That would be another custom transfill hose though with N2 and CO2 fittings. The Nitrogen to CO2 adapter will not work for filling but will allow a CO2 regulator on a nitro tank.

Very true. Thats why I got nitrogen, to never have to deal with exchanging a tank again. I would not even know who fills CO2 in Gwood. I have to keep full bulk tanks of Nitro on hand at work for calibrating our O2 analyzers. We may use 10lbs in 5 yrs! I have been wanting to fill my CO2 tank(20lb) with Nitro but am not sure if thats safe or even possible. I am going to ask Steve or Steve97TJ and see what they say. That would be nice to have in truck to fill my smaller tank if needed when out wheeling. That would be another custom transfill hose though with N2 and CO2 fittings. The Nitrogen to CO2 adapter will not work for filling but will allow a CO2 regulator on a nitro tank.
tanks are specific to the gas i'm pretty sure. So i really doubt you'd be able to put nitrogen in a co2 tank

I usually just get Oconee to exchange my CO2 tank, I just hate it when they give me some awful color painted one. A friend of mine gets his power tank pump filled at Anderson Fire & Safety.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
To solve the issue of the looks of a swapped tank, I know they make covers for the paintball sized CO2 tanks. I would imagine they make them for the larger ones. That way you can swap the tank all you want and it will look the same.

Tanks are gas specific. They are usually color coded, bottle and cap sometimes too but I've seen bottles mislabeled. You couldn't take a nitrogen tank in to get filled with co2 without them changing the tanks. There's a lot of gases that don't or shouldn't be mixed unless you like kabooms, and it would contaminate the gas.

Of all the gas places I've had to deal with, Oconee is by far the best to deal with.