Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powertank

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

Powertank

I filled out the contact us form on the powertank website a while back to ask some questions about a custom nitrogen transfill hose that I had been looking for to fill my 20cf tank from a bulk tank. I sent the email at midnight and at 12:15 a guy named Steve replied telling me that they could make the hose with the standard N2 fittings on each end and also answered a few more of my questions. The next day which was Friday, I called in the order and on that following Monday it was in my mailbox from California. I have since ordered several items and Steve has helped me multiple times with getting my tanks right and they are not even Powertanks. Turns out he is the CEO as well. They were exeptional to deal with. Peace.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Nice a powertank is definitely on my list of wants
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Your welcome. I'm great at my job.

City
    Fort Worth
    State
    TX
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92 View Post
    Nice a powertank is definitely on my list of wants
    I would skip buying the tank and just scoop up the regulator and such from them. Then go to your welding supply and get a tank. It's a real hassle to get that pretty shiny cylinder filled, much easier to just exchange cylinders.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Very true. Thats why I got nitrogen, to never have to deal with exchanging a tank again. I would not even know who fills CO2 in Gwood. I have to keep full bulk tanks of Nitro on hand at work for calibrating our O2 analyzers. We may use 10lbs in 5 yrs! I have been wanting to fill my CO2 tank(20lb) with Nitro but am not sure if thats safe or even possible. I am going to ask Steve or Steve97TJ and see what they say. That would be nice to have in truck to fill my smaller tank if needed when out wheeling. That would be another custom transfill hose though with N2 and CO2 fittings. The Nitrogen to CO2 adapter will not work for filling but will allow a CO2 regulator on a nitro tank.

CU Offroad Moderator cannonball's Avatar
    City
    irmo/clemson
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLT View Post
    Very true. Thats why I got nitrogen, to never have to deal with exchanging a tank again. I would not even know who fills CO2 in Gwood. I have to keep full bulk tanks of Nitro on hand at work for calibrating our O2 analyzers. We may use 10lbs in 5 yrs! I have been wanting to fill my CO2 tank(20lb) with Nitro but am not sure if thats safe or even possible. I am going to ask Steve or Steve97TJ and see what they say. That would be nice to have in truck to fill my smaller tank if needed when out wheeling. That would be another custom transfill hose though with N2 and CO2 fittings. The Nitrogen to CO2 adapter will not work for filling but will allow a CO2 regulator on a nitro tank.
    tanks are specific to the gas i'm pretty sure. So i really doubt you'd be able to put nitrogen in a co2 tank
    #college

I walk into Oconee Welding with my PowerTank and walk out a few minutes later with it filled. Easy breezy.
    www.SoutheastOverland.com

Need anything? Ask!

1990 YJ, 2007 FJ Cruiser & 1976 FJ55 LandCruiser

City
    Anderson
    State
    sc
    Do they pump fill it or gravity fill it?

Gravity so you don't get a full fill, but it is just around the corner from me and quite convenient. Do you know of any other local places?
    www.SoutheastOverland.com

Need anything? Ask!

1990 YJ, 2007 FJ Cruiser & 1976 FJ55 LandCruiser

City
    Anderson
    State
    sc
    I usually just get Oconee to exchange my CO2 tank, I just hate it when they give me some awful color painted one. A friend of mine gets his power tank pump filled at Anderson Fire & Safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast