Joined the RedTJ club... Kinda

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Since the weather and sun wouldn't cooperate, I used a substitute sun to heat the material of the soft upper doors. If I knew how much trouble these would be, I would have paid the extra for the complete uppers.

IMAG0149_zps003d8acf.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I picked up a HP30 this morning. I have an OX locker on the shelf that I got for the XJ and never installed. So, the plan is to truss it and put the OX in with 4.88s. Not sure when that will happen though...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I finally had a day with nothing else planned, so I got a little bit done. We dropped the doors off at Solar Solutions in Lexington to get tinted while we went to breakfast and Lowes. They actually knocked $20 bucks off for just leaving the doors, not the whole Jeep.

IMAG0210_zps088519fc.jpg

Then, came back and tore down the HP30. I wanted to get it cleaned up and painted today but got too distracted with football...

IMAG0211_zps0d3f1e28.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
IMAG0217_zps2bc31e10.jpg

I insulated the fuel rail with heat tape. Hopefully this will fix my vapor lock issue...

Also spent some time with the CB Guru. Put a new antenna on it and got it tuned pretty good.

Then some more goodies showed up, OME springs :)

IMAG0219_zpsfb9331f7.jpg

Last edited:
IMAG0217_zps2bc31e10.jpg

I insulated the fuel rail with heat tape. Hopefully this will fix my vapor lock issue...

Also spent some time with the CB Guru. Put a new antenna on it and got it tuned pretty good.

Then some more goodies showed up, OME springs :)

IMAG0219_zpsfb9331f7.jpg
Nice springs thats the brand I'm saveing up for. How much lift and did you get the extra heavy ones?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
They are the heavy weight. I think they call them 2" rear and 1.5" front, so I'll probably need either OME 10MM spacer or a 3/4" spacer on the front. I got them used.

What kinda issues were u having with fuel system?? You check the sock on your pump? I highly doubt that your fuel rail was getting that hot....I have my fuel line wrapped on my frame but that because my exhaust is running down driver side

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My MetalCloak order came in this week. You may have seen this picture...
IMAG0242_zps4a01bf88.jpg

I've replaced the rear sway bar links:
IMAG0244_zps6a7dc776.jpg

And have everything ready to do the front next weekend:
IMAG0246_zps986a741c.jpg

Just waiting on the brake lines to come in, and the front axle.

Any volunteers? I'll buy beer!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I started around noon on Friday pulling the stock 30.

IMAG0260_zps7869c6e3.jpg

By quitting time Friday night, I had the HP30 loosely bolted in with the new Metalcloak arms and Old Man Emu springs.

IMAG0262_zpsa1def1a4.jpg

Saturday I finished up the axle install and checked for clearance.

IMAG0264_zpsf1d41748.jpg

Today I pulled it back apart and put a set of .75" spacers on the front to level it back out.
IMAG0268_zps1f4400cf.jpg

And installed the compressor, ran the front air line, and started wiring.
IMAG0267_zps2e28e64a.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yeah, they're the Duroflex joints. They don't have quite the range of motion of a Johnny, but they're completely rubber isolated and aren't supposed to make the noises and transfer the shock into the arms like Johnny's do. Should be good for the DD/mild trail rig, but we'll see.