Joined the RedTJ club... Kinda

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Installed a new radio today.
IMAG0498.jpg

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I think it's the most 'factory' looking install kit I've seen. The radio actually goes in from the back and screws to the dash piece. It doesn't use the face trim that comes with the radio or the metal sleeve that you usually mount a radio with. This radio also had the cd slot in the front instead of fold down face, so the face plate can be screwed to the radio.

It has bluetooth calling and audio streaming. The audio streaming is pretty cool for Pandora. The calling will probably be pretty much useless in a soft top Jeep, but it does display caller ID on the radio and tells you if you have a text message, so that should eliminate missed calls from not hearing it ring.

Last edited:
Installed a new radio today.
View attachment 2483

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I think it's the most 'factory' looking install kit I've seen. The radio actually goes in from the back and screws to the dash piece. It doesn't use the face trim that comes with the radio or the metal sleeve that you usually mount a radio with. This radio also had the cd slot in the front instead of fold down face, so the face plate can be screwed to the radio.

It has bluetooth calling and audio streaming. The audio streaming is pretty cool for Pandora. The calling will probably be pretty much useless in a soft top Jeep, but it does display caller ID on the radio and tells you if you have a text message, so that should eliminate missed calls from not hearing it ring.
that mount is really clean, is that the $129 one?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I went up to $159 to get the Sony with everything I wanted. Crutchfield gives you two options for free install kits and this is the second one, not the 'default' option. The stock speakers sound better with this radio then they did with the stock one, but I still think I'm going to replace both roll bar and dash speakers with 5.25 Sony's. Walmart has a good deal on them.

I was able to get Memphis audios in my tj cheaper or as cheap as any wallmart stuff through a hook up at work. Let me know if you want me to scoop some for you.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
On our cruise last weekend, the left front caliper was sticking. I changed it out today and hope to get the front disconnects and steering skid on it tomorrow.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got the Kilby steering skid and JKS quicker disconnects on today. I thought I would have to modify the skid to fit with the ARB bumper, but it bolted right up. I need longer bump stops up front. The tires gets in to the fender a little...

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0503.jpg

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Finished up the stereo system tonight. I had big plans for the amp install to give myself fused circuits for future expansion, but that got abandoned for now. It's definitely not my best work, but it works for now. Only took one pic with the new sub in stock enclosure. Also finished up the install of the Bostons.

IMAG0505.jpg

Also found out my Jeep doesn't have a battery tie down. Anybody have one or do I need to just get a generic one?

If you can find a stock one get that. And if you find two, I want one. I put a generic style in mine as it wasn't tied down at all. It doesn't hold side to side well at all. Although, since putting the hold down on I haven't had to get out in traffic and reset my computer anymore. haha