Joined the RedTJ club... Kinda

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Got the seats in. I'll post some details about the installation later.

20161206_223502_zpsw3fonesg.jpg

They sit a good bit higher than the stock seats but I don't think that will be an issue. They let me get further away from the pedals and get my leg straighter, which will be a good thing for long rides.

Nice.

I finally had to upgrade the seats in my rover, I guess I'm getting old as well. After 3 hours of sitting on the glorified pile of horse hair on a piece of plywood, my lower back was killing me.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
After driving it in to work today, they are too high. I can only cut about 1/2" off the mounts before getting into issues with the fold/tumble lever, so I don't think it's worth the effort. I'll probably leave them alone for this weekend and see if the cushions settle in any, then go from there.

Got the seats in. I'll post some details about the installation later.

20161206_223502_zpsw3fonesg.jpg

They sit a good bit higher than the stock seats but I don't think that will be an issue. They let me get further away from the pedals and get my leg straighter, which will be a good thing for long rides.
man, I really like those.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Good 2-3 inches id say
They are probably pretty close to where the early TJs sock seats sit. The later model seats are much lower. There's a huge difference in Brooks' PRPS and my stock seats.

I'm really hoping the cushions will settle a little. They're very firm right now.

They will stretch for sure but it takes a while. Mine felt so high at first but now I don't really notice it until I sit in someone else's rig. Its even worse when you're all bundled up in winter clothes, way worse. They look nice by the way.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Facebook reminded me it's been 4 years since I bought this thing... And I had to laugh at my comment abut not building it.

Last weekend at Uwharrie I pulled up on Poser Rock. I have a pic of the XJ in the same spot. I was surprised it just kept climbing. I stopped here because the right front was already a foot off the ground.

2016-12-11%2018.37.20_zpsyvnbizuh.jpg

2016-12-11%2018.38.19_zps7xuuzjqi.jpg

Facebook reminded me it's been 4 years since I bought this thing... And I had to laugh at my comment abut not building it.

Last weekend at Uwharrie I pulled up on Poser Rock. I have a pic of the XJ in the same spot. I was surprised it just kept climbing. I stopped here because the right front was already a foot off the ground.

2016-12-11%2018.37.20_zpsyvnbizuh.jpg

2016-12-11%2018.38.19_zps7xuuzjqi.jpg

I want that jeep.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got a little bit of time to mess with the seats again tonight. I eliminated the adapter on the driver side and mounted the new seat directly to the sliders with a few new holes and a little bit of cut off wheel work. I have it sitting low where I want it now and moved it over towards the console an 1/8" to give the recline mechanism more room at the roll bar and seat belt reel. Very happy with where it is sitting now, just have to fab up a seat belt buckle mount, and duplicate everything on the passenger side... I'll try to remember to take some pictures when I get done but before they go back in the jeep.