Thread: LeMyP

City
    Liberty
    State
    SC

LeMyP

Hi everyone. I'm new to offroad world, but since I bought '01 Chevy Tracker (2.0l, 2 door, 2 WD, MT), last year, my interest to offroading was growing everyday. The bad thing is my Tracker is only 2 WD, but if I get it correct it has some potential in it, has good solid frame and hopefully can be converted to 4x4 and lifted to accomodate bigger tires.This is what I have now

And this is my approximate aim

Most likely after I will start redoing it I wont be able to reach final look, but just because I will always be willing to improve it a little bit more all the time.

Have no idea where to start. Hope to get some ideas from forum.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Welcome to OffroadSC. The project sounds interesting for sure. I know at many junkyards I have seen trackers and suzuki vitaras which I think are the same. You may be able to do a 4wd conversion using parts from the junkyard.
    --Brooks

City
    Liberty
    State
    SC
    Can you please give me the addresses of those janks. I've been looking at LKQ at Greenville but they didn't have anything of value at that time. Or maybe you can suggest where I can find wrecked car with 4x4 with live transmission and transfer case. Thanks.

City
    Liberty
    State
    SC
    OK. I need to start over with introduction. I have changed the car to something more suitable for offroading.

It's V8, 4x4, with 130K highway miles, looks like never been in mud so far, soon to be there.

CU Offroad Moderator cannonball's Avatar
    City
    irmo/clemson
    State
    SC
    Dang that's a good lookin grand! It will be much more acceptable to offroad goodies! If you are looking at what steps you wanna take to make it better offroad come talk to me and Ron about it so we can point you in a good direction so you don't have to do things twice!
    #college

City
    Liberty
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
    Dang that's a good lookin grand! It will be much more acceptable to offroad goodies! If you are looking at what steps you wanna take to make it better offroad come talk to me and Ron about it so we can point you in a good direction so you don't have to do things twice!
    Will be glad to show it and hear some advices, where and when we can meet. I have exams tomorrow and after that I'm done with classes, so any time after Wednesday will work for me. Thanks for reply.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Casey has a Grand doesn't he? He would have some good input. His isn't as pretty as yours ... at least not anymore.
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

ClemsonOffroadClub
    City
    Edgemoor
    State
    SC
    i remember when ron's was that clean...

City
    Liberty
    State
    SC
    Finally get to enter phase 2 of the build and moved past no return point to stock suspension. Currently in the process of installing 4" Rough Country long arm kit.

Compare of stock vs lift kit springs

all boxes open ready to start

last shot of stock arms

point of no return reached

Front done