2013 Trails?

Not hardcore, but I'm seriously thinking of setting up a trip to The Wilderness Trail ORV park sometime in April/May. Whenever before it gets hot. I see pictures from there and it just looks cool.
I'm planning on heading there before Oscar, you should come up with us.

I'd love to go there sometime but it won't be Oscar trip. The other guy in my department is going to be on his honeymoon that weekend so I'm lucky to get to be there saturday

I would be.. but i have the duck run the very next weekend and im sure funds won't allow both.... I was thinking golden mtn in august instead of going to GSSE this year.. don't know if id really enjoy going to harlan twice in a year..

I'll probably try to do a Fall Crawl somewhere in Alabama because with my schedule I will basically be in school untill next May. I will have about 5 weeks to play with inbetween I think. Spring breaks, summer breaks, fall break, etc. So it looks for me like OSCAR in April, local trips, then Fall Crawl somewhere. Depending on how Dixie Run falls, what would yall think about doing that this year??

Looks like Dixie Run is typically in the end of October. I could possibly do that since it's not too far away and go up on Thursday sometime.

I have also considered trying to make RBD this year since I will be out of school for Thanksgiving then.

Setting my goals:

April: Uwharrie (there is an event there)
May: Beasley Knob (long story short, I've never been and its like, an hour and some change from my house so I've GOTTA do it this year)
September: Windrock (once again, an event, if nothing else just motivation to get off my rear to make it happen)

That is what is on my immediate calendar for this year. Those are the three I am going to make a concerted effort to make sure I do. I'd love to try and get to OSCAR, but that is still up in the air. Would be awesome and cross two spots off my list. Also just as general "should do this" are at least two day trips to Choccolocco. I figure I will pick two weekends they've got events and go for it. Far reaching would be Harland and that other place up there, Land Between the Lakes, the trails around Max Patch, and maybe some more fire roads in Northern Georgia...maybe. Dunno those get old and make me wish I had my Subaru STi still.

I've budgeted five days I am going to take off for wheeling this year. I figure they'll mostly be Fridays to allow a reasonable amount of time for travel.

I would be.. but i have the duck run the very next weekend and im sure funds won't allow both.... I was thinking golden mtn in august instead of going to GSSE this year.. don't know if id really enjoy going to harlan twice in a year..
Ha the Duck Run....now this is a good time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We are contemplating morris Mtn for our end of the year trip in may. We get out the first weekend so that was the original schedules date but if enough people will stay in Clemson for a couple days we may go the Thursday after the first weekend in may. Give us a chance to focus on exams and then wrench on the jeeps

Being a campus org we need to have a trip where the guys from virginia and nc can go before they head home for the holidays. i know me, ron, mason, and quinn are close but most of the other members have to travel pretty far to get home for the holidays. but even if we go that first weekend i may be down to go at the end of the month as well and i know if ron has his junk together he may be down to go again as well.

**** son you better be on the end of the year trip!
if we are going on the weekend directly after finals, then i won't be able to make it unless its to somewhere local. I told y'all my brother has his eagle court of honor on may 6th (sunday after exams) and my mom will not let me miss it. Trust me i already tried to talk my way out of it.

believe we are planning a trip to morris mtn the first weekend after finals. we would either leave friday the 3rd or sat the 4th. and come back monday or tuesday according to which day we leave.

believe we are planning a trip to morris mtn the first weekend after finals. we would either leave friday the 3rd or sat the 4th. and come back monday or tuesday according to which day we leave.
I can't make that trip but I can make any other weekend that's why I was saying lets go on Memorial Day.