Guzzy Build

Ordered some Goodridge Brakelines for the jeep, I went ahead and ordered a rear line as well since I'm still running a stock line in the rear.

I checked around and the YJ lines are 4" longer than TJ lines, so I ordered the Goodridge YJ front lines and the TJ rear, That gives me 24" front lines which are almost 4" longer than my current front lines. I couldnt mount the lines to the frame before because at max droop and turning It would pull tight. Now I will be able to mount them solidly to the frame like they should have been.

Just for yalls info, 4wd.com has the Goodridge brakelines for $34.99 for the front pair, where as the pair at quadratec is $52. I made sure to call 4wd hardware and quadratec to make sure that partnumber was for a pair.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Brakes-and-...aspx?t_c=65&t_s=22&t_pt=4159&t_pn=GDRD-FBL-47

The dang front goodridge lines are on backorder for the next 2 weeks....blah. I had paid for 2 day shipping for an extra $17 and they had already shipped out the rear line...which I didn't even need, I was just going to get it while I was shipping....So I only got refunded $8 of the shipping and for the front lines.

Called around and 4wd only had front procomp lines in stock and I got the same info from quadratec and 4wheel parts other than some places having the $75 crown rainbow lines in.

So I called up Steve at East Coast Gear supply and put in an order for some custom lines and he can ship them out tomorrow. Should have them by the end of the week.

While I was ordering I went ahead and got some of their lines for my 8.8 too....so I should be in good shape with brake lines for a while:grinpimp:

Got my new brake lines in from ECGS and I cant for the life of me get the drivers side hose to seal to the caliper. It leaks when I try to bleed it every time. I have tried 3 different sets of copper washers now and I'm at my wits end. This is the easy part. I have looked at the caliper, and the brake line and the banjo bolt, they all look normal and they are all new except for the banjo bolt.

When its leaking it seems to be coming from between the hose and the caliper not the bolt and the hose.

Any suggestions?

Do you have a washer on both sides? I only have one on the bottom where the line meets the caliper but I have TJ lines on a Ford caliper so its all jacked up like the rest of my jeep anyway. I definately dont have a washer where yours is.

Do you have a washer on both sides? I only have one on the bottom where the line meets the caliper but I have TJ lines on a Ford caliper so its all jacked up like the rest of my jeep anyway. I definately dont have a washer where yours is.
You are supposed to run one on each side of the brake line. I'm surprised yours aren't leaking.

Picked up a low miles 4.0 for the TJ for when the inevitable happens just in case. Thanks JR for the great deal.

Also got my front brakelines from ECGS installed this afternoon. I ended up swapping the copper washers and torquing the **** out of it... I truly thought I was about to break off the banjo bolt but it seems to be leak free. I have never had to put the bolt in that tight.

I think I may try to do my rear brake lines tomorrow.

388319_10100708864531718_2140879674_n.jpg

had to add some triangulation to the harbor freight engine stand... It just wasn't up to holding the 4.0 without some help.

Last edited:
Also got my front brakelines from ECGS installed this afternoon. I ended up swapping the copper washers and torquing the **** out of it... I truly thought I was about to break off the banjo bolt but it seems to be leak free. I have never had to put the bolt in that tight.
Warm up the copper washers with a propane torch next time, and then throw them on and torque them. It helps a lot if there a little soft in getting them to seal.

Also did you put the 4.0 on the stand and it flexed? I have 2 of those harbor freight stands and never had any issues with flexing that I noticed, and I have had a lot of weight on them?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
HM, now that I could actually see the picture, it is the stand. Silly guzzy man.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express Pro

Warm up the copper washers with a propane torch next time, and then throw them on and torque them. It helps a lot if there a little soft in getting them to seal.

Also did you put the 4.0 on the stand and it flexed? I have 2 of those harbor freight stands and never had any issues with flexing that I noticed, and I have had a lot of weight on them?
Never heard of that with the washers but it sounds like it could help. I've never had that problem before and i have probably tightened hundreds of banjo bolts.

What did you put on the engine stand? This one flexed a couple inches with the inline 6.

All kinds of stuff. 22r, 4.0, and a sbc for motors plus trannies and a buch of random stuff.

The heating up the washer trick was told to me to get my copper header gasket to seal up, but I've found it works good on all copper washers.