Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Guzzy Build

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    I found that with my steering setup and the 36s and even the 35s I was having a hard time turning when not on the throttle. I had worked the summer before and saved up enough for hydro assist, but I didnt end up putting it on till January 08 I think. I didnt want to put the ram anywhere that I would beat it on a rock so I had also purchased a set of behind the axle steering arms. Well come to find out you cant run these with coils and shocks like a TJ setup, so as luck would have it kirby was upgrading his coil overs and I was able to pic up his old ones for cheap.

So this was a fairly big change. I pulled it down on a friday, and we were leaving for Aetna Mountain the next friday. Somehow with the help of alot of friends I was able to pull it off and I made it to the Aetna Run.

I dont have any of those pictures on my jump drive, I'll have to finish this some other time.
    --Brooks

City
    Ridgeway
    State
    SC
    Great progression...
    In post #4 first pic of your rig in Shipwreck on the 34's, if I remember right that was the trip were me, you, and the dude in the purple XJ on 32's wheeled the place by our selves. That was actually the first trip I had ever taken to Gulches. Good times.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Last edited by 01tj; 03-03-2015 at 08:38 AM.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
    where did the name Guzzy come from??? also how many miles do u have on it now?
    my grand dad had a 1978 CJ7 Renegade Levis edition with the 304 and it got around 6 miles to the gallon and they called it guzzy, he wrecked it on some ice on the way to the hunt club one morning and when I got mine we started calling it Guzzy.

I'm just over 170k now
    --Brooks

City
    Ridgeway
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
    where did the name Guzzy come from???
    Jeeps are like pets... they have the tendency name themselves after a while. The XJ I have now named it self Blue Boy. Don't know the inspiration on this. "Blue Boy" is a 200 year old painting and later I find out it's the nickname of a head member of a notorious outlaw bike gang. The one I had before that named it self the Black B**ch.... Don't ask.

City
    Clemson / Columbia
    State
    SC
    haha brooks 170k isnt bad i got you on another 100k almost. how did you like the grooved km1s?
    Last edited by irmoxj; 03-15-2011 at 01:30 AM.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Brooks, you've come a long way since the first time we went to "Red Bank" almost 10 years ago.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by infidel_6 View Post
    Brooks, you've come a long way since the first time we went to "Red Bank" almost 10 years ago.
    its true, that was a fun place with you and George and the guys.

City
    Beaufort
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by infidel_6 View Post
    What did you drive out there? Your last name sounds familiar but I can't remember what you drove or your first name. I had the 97 TJ on 32's with stock suspension. I came out there a couple times and rode with y'all. Name is Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
    its true, that was a fun place with you and George and the guys.
    Yea, me and my brother still talk to this day about the trips we made out there. Your Jeep sure has come a long way since I remember it.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKJK11 View Post
    What did you drive out there? Your last name sounds familiar but I can't remember what you drove or your first name. I had the 97 TJ on 32's with stock suspension. I came out there a couple times and rode with y'all. Name is Curtis

Yea, me and my brother still talk to this day about the trips we made out there. Your Jeep sure has come a long way since I remember it.

Thats Tony, he was in the red YJ with black rims

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast