Guzzy Build

That or one of the old soft tops that you have laying around. Id say go to harbor freight and get one but all of there stuff comes from china....so yeahhh
I do have a few old soft tops that may work, I think a welding blanket would lay over the area better. I see that I can get them from harbor frieight or amazon after a quick search. I may see how the old soft top lays in the area first. Unless someone local has one.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
after being flashed by my old one a few times, its a small price to pay for my eyes haha. YOLO!
I have a nice Lincoln Electric auto darkening helmet that has a solar panel on the front. I guess it is supposed to keep the internal battery charged. That is great, but a couple years ago when it was shut in a storage unit with no light for a couple months, it has never worked since. But the Kobalt one with replaceable batteries has worked perfectly. I have tried to find a replacement insert for the Lincoln with no luck.

Mine was the $40 auto darkening one from Northern Tool, I have probably bought 6-8 of them over the years. I went with a $30 one on amazon with like 1200 reviews...we'll see how it goes.

I trust my eyes to nothing but my 3M speedglas welding hood. Pricey but has been going strong for the last 8 years!
AvE did a review not too long ago about welding hoods... basically safety glasses block enough ir or uv, can't recall, light to not burn your eyeballs out, so essentially none of them are any safer than the next more expensive one.