Craigslist find of the day

They like the rpms as well. My 6.0 burb was like that. It's crazy how long those motors will scream along at redline. Would I like a modern diesel? Hell yeah. Can I touch a decent one for the 8k that truck can be bought for? Nope

I finally broke down and listed some of my parts on CL. I've always avoided doing so because of all the crap I read about people trying to scam and such. Sure enough, my first response to the hard top I posted as follows..

Hello
i can't call you because i don't have your phone number. what is the actual amount for it?,I can meet with you on Sunday or Monday morning if convenient. If you call or text me we can set up a time. get back to at. trinityhpp@gmail.com

tracy
Response: Hi Tracy,

I'll be around Sunday if you want to come check it out. You can text me at XXXX and I'll send the address.

Carey

So glad you got back to me so soon, I really need this Item as soon as
possible, I hope it's in a good condition and am also ready to
purchase and pay for the item immediately, I am so sorry i cannot come
with cash neither come over to check the condition of the item myself,
i am a very busy person and all i can do is send you a CERTIFIED CHECK
to please cash it and i hope i can trust you on this, when the check
clears i will also arrange for a local pick up to come for the pick up
as soon as you get the check am sorry about this that's just the only
convenient process i can pay you,because i am a very busy person (US
MARINE). i hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hear
from you with your....

INFORMATION TO FACILITATE THE MAILING OF THE CHECK.

1.Full name which you want to appear on the check:
2.Address (not P.O Box):
3.City:
4.State:
5. Zip Code:
6: Cell number:
7. Total Amount:

The check will be mailed out as soon as you provide me with the above
information the payment will be overnight to you also and i will let
you know when it's mailed out. I will add an additional $50 so that
you can hold it for me till the check reaches you. I will be waiting
to read from you.

Tracy Holm
Response: Awesome, my first scammer.

Bye

The only other offer I've gotten so far was some guy wanting to pay $600 for my axles (I would too I guess), or $300 and a 200cc dirtbike. WTF am I going to do with a 200cc dirtbike? Also a lot of people sending a message that they are interested and never answering when I respond. Eventually I guess I'll get things sold and it will be worth it. What a PITA. lol

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've heard the calls and emails that are like send me $50 to claim your prize blah blah blah, and they take your $50. But, how does the above gain them anything other than your name and address? Are they going to come steal your stuff?