drive shaft?????

the SYE and the tcase drop both try to do the same thing essentially, but with an SYE you can raise your skid plate back up to the frame and not run the drop brackets. If you want to fix it correctly you would need to do an SYE and CV driveshaft. Carolina Driveline has great customer service and can get you the SYE, then when you install it, you can call and they will next day your driveshaft to you so you minimize down time.

I am trying to stay away for cv drive shaft heard to many headaches with it. But I figure I will buy a sye quadratec has onf for 199 on sale and have the driveshaft for a 3to 5 inch lift. at not a to bad price. And then I will try to decide about diffrent lift methods. Although I think I have decided once my drive train is up to par to try out a three inch body lift on what I already have and 35s and stay at that. I want my play and reliability at the same time.

your going to pay $199 for an SYE plus $200+ for a Driveshaft that is generic for a YJ with 3-5" lift when you could get a better shaft that is specific to your jeep from a Reputable driveshaft shop located in SC that ships worldwide? um... ok good plan.

dont do a 3" body lift

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
From Carolina Driveline's website:

SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR KITS: Carolina Driveline now stocks slip yoke eliminatorkits from Crown Automotive & Advance Adapters for the 231 transfer case applications. Discount pricing applies when you purchase both the slip yoke eliminator kit and a driveshaft. Driveshafts available in reconditioned and new.

One other question sounding like you work with or have in the past with Carolina driveline what's there prices like just a guess? I no I sound unfamiliar with this process because I am I just want to do thing right and if their products are as well as you have convinced me they are I would be very intrested in working with them. My line of work has also taught me you get what you pay for so doing thing right with the right product is very important to me. Sounds like you are a very happy customer though.

Yeah I just read that I got to say thank for the help I am 100% with you and I am going to call them shortly to see what I can come up with. Seems like a great deal with a good company THANKS

I dont think any of us here have worked for Carolina Driveline, but Tom at Carolina Driveline supports the Offroad Community in SC, he comes to events and fixes shafts on the spot, he gives to raffles, and he supports this Website as a vendor. You will find many people from this site and others have nothing but good things to say about their service and products. He will give you a good deal. Tell him you heard about them on OffroadSC.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Carolina driveline is a vendor on this site and many of us have dealt with them and know them personally. I just got a rear shaft made for my sami last week and it was just over $200 for a custom long travel shaft. The quality is top notch and you won't find better customer service. I don't know about their sye price, just call and ask.

When I was buying SYE's for Jeeps at the shop they were the cheapest around. Had a lot to do with them being so close by i'm sure. They are great people. Were about $100 cheaper before shipping on my shafts for the buggy.

No he is from Louisiana and has built a few pretty nice jeeps he works at the nuke plant with me. But I live off irmo drive with a "shop" and some land if u ever want to stop by and help or have a short trail ride.