Firearms

You know when you buy one you'll end up with more right? I started with a hand gun and went through about 6 before I found the HK .45. Then I bought an assault rifle and modified it until I was ready for the zombie apocalypse. Shotgu, can't be without a shot gun. Then I came across a cheap .22 rifle. It kind of snowballs from there.

Attachments

You know when you buy one you'll end up with more right? I started with a hand gun and went through about 6 before I found the HK .45. Then I bought an assault rifle and modified it until I was ready for the zombie apocalypse. Shotgu, can't be without a shot gun. Then I came across a cheap .22 rifle. It kind of snowballs from there.
your not the first to tell me that haha. I think my gun budget will put a damper on my buying though haha. I already have a .22 rifle and a .270 rifle, but I need something smaller:grin:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
If you're going towards Clemson any time soon Grady's in Anderson has the best prices on guns I've seen anywhere and they usually have a decent used selection too. I've bought all but one of my handguns from there.

hey brooks you ever look @ the taurus millenium? we have one in 9mm and its a good little gun.
i too would be down for some range time with the offroadsc folks

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Tripp and I have a friend with a nice little range on private land just out of Leesville. Its about 100 yards to the back of a pond dam with a two rest shooting cover. Tripp said we could probably get a range day together and just go out there. We could probably throw some skeet too if anybody's interested. July is pretty busy, and hot, but throw out some dates and we'll see what works.

I'm a little late to the thread, but... Brooks, we have FNP40's for duty weapons and they are fine - trigger pull is a bit odd but nothing that can't be overcome (but, kinda tough to carry concealed!). All of the options provided are good - my suggestion would be to stop by a good gun shop (I like Palmetto State Armory) and try out a variety of guns for fit. If necessary, do what my daughter did - try every gun in the case, then decide.

*Self-promotion warning* When it comes time to get your CWP, we offer classes monthly. I think Dan will give a good reference (dan, check's in the mail).

Ed

I'm actually thinking about sticking with the LCP now because it is so small and I really wont be shooting it that often.... and the price is right.

Who knows what I will buy when I get to the gunstore though...

I did drive by the indian creek range on our way home from the rally and it looks like a good spot.

I have a few guns. AR, m1 garand, s&w .38, and a 10/22. I lent a Davis Industries .380 to a friend but its a throw away. I need to get that back too. The wife has a S&W 9mm we got a couple years ago. I still want a 1911 and a M14 or similar .308 semi auto at some point. Then I will feel like I'm ready for the Zombie Apocalypse. I shoot only on the family farm near Aiken now days though.

Does anyone know what the one going out towards batesburg is named? I saw it a while back but didnt stop. Is it like shooters choice? Where you can rent too. I am really interested in getting a springfield xd9 or 45. Havent shot either, would like to before I make that choice. Also looking at the ruger
p345. Have shot that and really liked it. Anyone have the xd?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Does anyone know what the one going out towards batesburg is named? I saw it a while back but didnt stop. Is it like shooters choice? Where you can rent too. I am really interested in getting a springfield xd9 or 45. Havent shot either, would like to before I make that choice. Also looking at the ruger
p345. Have shot that and really liked it. Anyone have the xd?
I have an XD40 I'll bring to the range day. The 40's and 9's feel the same, 40 just kicks a little harder. I've shot an XD45 too and it feels very similar to mine and didn't really feel like it kicked any harder. Its a little heavier.