What did you do to your rc this week?

Pulled off my hobbico servo, disassembled it to inspect it before sending it off... everything looked Good, but a smell of magic smoke release was definitely coming from inside... put it back together shipping shipping it back tomorrow. On thing to add is this unit has gaskets between every section of the body.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Pulled off my hobbico servo, disassembled it to inspect it before sending it off... everything looked Good, but a smell of magic smoke release was definitely coming from inside... put it back together shipping shipping it back tomorrow. On thing to add is this unit has gaskets between every section of the body.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I noticed the o-rings when I took mine apart to pack it with dielectric grease. I would imaging the orings kept yours alive after its dive to the bottom of the lake.

Had some free time tonight so i dug the wraith out of the garage so i could replace the transmission with an aluminum housing that ive had sitting around forever since the other plastic housing stripped out i guess... Well i ended up tearing it down to a bare chassis because i really want to redo and clean up the wiring better than it was done when i first threw the new setup together. Going to try and get the Dynamic concepts wrangler body cut out and painted that i have also had sitting around for a while but kind of skeptical about cutting out the different pieces of lexan as ive never done this. image-1.jpg image.jpg

Yeah I have lexan scissors but its going to be a pain to cut it out the way it is. I would probably feel better doing it if I had done something like it before.

Well I realized I was more so scared to less the body up when cutting but then I told myself I'm not trying to build a dang show truck and it will get beat and scratched up so I just started cutting. Well see how this turns out!:shaking:

Idk man the wraith was lookin pretty rough when I took it apart last night lol, you know how I treat that thing. Got started on the cutting but about to go to lunch with the fiancée so it will have to wait until later tonight!

Got the body trimmed out and mocked up (besides the hood which is why there's such a big gap right now) still have to clean up all of the horrible cuts and edges but all around didn't turn out too bad. I accidentally cut the top tabs off that you use to bolt the windshield to the cage and I think I might like it better without the windshield any because it would give it more of a buggy look. Any opinions on that situation? If I did that I wouldn't have to do the hood hinge mod since I run my battery up front and could just run hood pins. image-2.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm going to try to finish it tomorrow. I guess I'll go ahead and get rid of the windshield but cut it to where I could make it work if I wanted to. I'm going with this paint that I've also had sitting around for months. I'm also thinking about with a different color though ha can't decide. image-4.jpg image-3.jpg