What did you do to your rc this week?

Yep full vanquish axles front and rear, cms and pan hard kit, hd gears front and rear, 13.5 brushless Timbuk 2 system, hitec 7955 servo, all vanquish link upper and lower, mip driveshafts. It also came with ALL the stock parts so I'm tearing it apart right now and putting it back to stock and selling it.

haven't tried them out yet still waiting on my servos to get back from hitec and vanquish is sending me a new vvd shaft, all should be here some time this week. thats awesome man guessing you're putting on all of the good **** on the old wraith, but if you have any duplicate vp parts let me know. (rear lockouts, trusses, or anything else)

The spare parts list at the moment are vp knuckles, vp chubs,vp tie rod, vp drag link, vp upper and lower links for front and back, Novak timbuk2 esc and 13.5t moto, hd gears for front and rear stock ratio.

Ok so yesterday i got the wraith all put back together and ran it on 3s for about 15 minutes and unplugged the battery when i saw the motor smoke!! I dont know why the motor got so dang hot so fast? Im running 54/13 in 32p which is 4.15 ration, the motor is still at 0 timing. Any idea why it would get so hot so fast? I plugged it back up after it cooled down and ran it for a few minutes and it ran fine so the motor isnt dead yet atleast. Also need some opinions, i have a extra hitec servo vanquish tierod,draglink,knuckles, and chubs. Rear steer or no? Does anybody else have it and if so how much do you actually use it?

rig looks sweet man. can't wait to get some new skins for mine! what motor are you running? if its brushless which i think i remember yours was, they get hot at low crawling speeds. with my pro4 i have 60/15 32p 4:1 ratio on 3s if i do hardcore crawling it will get hot quick, especially if it gets in a lot of binds. hill killing at wide open seems to actually make it run cooler. guess its because there isn't really any strain on the motor. also the pro4 is a short course motor thats designed to run wide open on a race truck so that may have something to do with mine getting hot a low cawing speeds. even on 4s with cheater timing on the mmp to come in at full throttle it will run for about 40 mins and i don't have to worry about it getting hot.
rear steer is cool and for a crawling rig i think it would be great. but for a go fast rig like a wraith i doubt you would use it enough to make it worth it. if you're crawling a lot you may want to go to a 35 turn hand wound that way the motor won't get hot and rear steer would be more usable.

well damn that motor should handle the crawling fine. idk why it would be so hot. have you talked to holmes? they are real helpful and could may suggest a different gear ratio. other than that idk what you would change.

I have no idea either :confused: I ordered a 11t and 12t pinions (32p) today as well as a 56t spur gear incase I wanna change it more. My ratio right now (54/13) is 4.15 so I'm going to see what I can do to keep it cool. Don't wanna fry this motor.

justin, I got your text and tried to call, I would guess you just need to gear it down as low as you can then work up from there. Those are some big heavy tires you are pushing around.

took the red tj for a spin last night on the pile, it actually works quite well. Its LOUD AS HELL though. Not sure if its because i have the body solid mounted to the frame and the motor is mounted to a metal plate...but dam its loud.

Well I was visiting in greenwood and had alittle spare time today so I drove around some back country roads trying to find a place to mess with the wraith. Ran it for awhile on a 2s battery and the motor got warm but never got noticeably hot and I can say I'm very happy with the way it all works together! Ill see once I wheel it on 3s one more time if im going to need yo change pinion/spur. Here's a coupe pics from 2 spots I found. One was just a big rock on the side of the road which I actually spent an hour at. image-54.jpg image-55.jpg image-52.jpg image-51.jpg

Last edited:
Had some extra vp knuckles and chubs and shafts sitting around and couldn't resist it anymore so I got the rear steer hooked up with my old hitec 7954. Pretty fun!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I went to the shop on Tuesday to go over the jeep one last time before Oscar, but spent most of the night repairing the xr10. The last time I had it out was at 33 and it took a couple 20ft drops. The rear motor came apart. Had to turn down the contact in the rear motor (not sure what that's called), then tap the holes to a size of screw that I had because I lost the two that held the motor together. Got that working fine then noticed that the rear shock mount on the driver side ripped through the chassis and was hanging loose. So I straightened the screws and moved them to another hole. Then I had to tear down the front to tighten the front link bracket at the axle side. Put in a battery and tested it out. Back in business for Oscar!
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express Pro

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I changed out my steering rod ends and lower link rod ends with Traxxas ones. This stretched it a little, so had to put a spacer in the upper 3 link and had to clearance the front bumper to clear the servo horn.

IMAG0125_zps22b1e3c1.jpg

Wheelbase is 12 5/8 inches now...