What did you do to your rc this week?

I bought that brxl so long ago I wouldn't know if I did ha, good look though. On another note, castle link ships out tomorrow :grin: now to just figure out if I'm going 3s or 4s and if I'm going to order a bec or not. Wish I knew why my old one quit working or if it might still be good :confused:

I bought that brxl so long ago I wouldn't know if I did ha, good look though. On another note, castle link ships out tomorrow :grin: now to just figure out if I'm going 3s or 4s and if I'm going to order a bec or not. Wish I knew why my old one quit working or if it might still be good :confused:
unless you buy a second motor and routinely swap them out and turn the com I would go 3s.

I'm betting your bec got wet.

Very possible from the crap we were going through behind the dam haha. I reckon ill go 3s, what size you think would be best? I think I'm going to go 3300, there's a pretty big price just it seems after that.

Last edited:
Very possible from the crap we were going through behind the dam haha. I reckon ill go 3s, what size you think would be best?
whatever fits best in a wraith, If you are putting them under the hood behind the dash

these will probably fit.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3300-3s1p-40c-3333.html

These might:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl4000-3s1p-40c-3333.html

edit:

if you want hardcase, this may fit...maybe.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl4000-3s1p-30c-3333-hardcase.html

Last edited:
Here's part of the reply I got today from the email to sent to MIP the other day asking about the set screw pin. image-16.jpg
I went by Lexington hobby and he let me dig through his parts box, I found one of the traxxas pins, Its works BUT...You have to open the hole in the pinion up a bit. The Set screw was like .1965 and the hole in the pinion was .1935 it was super close, But still a no go, I will probably open mine up a size to make the traxxas ones work. Did you order traxxas ones Justin? Also for what its worth he had a Wraith in there on consinement, Full VP alum axles, Stock wheels, High Dollar Hitec servo and a Burshless Timbuk2 Setup....Kids asking $700 but i don't think he will EVER get that. Might give him 5. Might be worth just buying it and parting it out. I was in great shape, only wheeled a couple of times minor scratches on the links.

Last edited:
oh goodness should have told me that! my hitec 7954sh seems to be acting up alittle but i was hoping to maybe adjuste it alittle with the new transmitter. I was also looking at ordering a hitec 7950 ir even 7980 this morning and stuff for rear stear. I guess if i bought that i could use the front steering stuff for the rear steer and use my current 7954 for the rear. Does anybody have any opinions or experience with the brushless timbuk 2 setup?

justin if you need the pins for the mip driveshafts i have a couple spares you could use at oscar if you cant find any in time. i have both a 7954 and 7950 i run the 7950 on the wraith and the 7954 is a spare for now that i plan on putting on my scaler. ive broken both of them twice and hitec repaired them for free just pay shipping. the 7980 is a large size servo and wont fit in the wraith servo mount unless you modify it to be wider. i bought on once when i broke the 7950 cause it was stronger but i had to send it back cause it didnt fit