Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: What did you do to your rc this week?

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
    Oh trust me, I know. I used to race 1/10th scale electric trucks in the 90s, and 1/8th scale Nitro trucks in the early 2000s (actually built and ran a track for a while many years ago). I'm just looking for something rtr to play with. I can upgrade over time as stuff breaks, but I don't want to buy something that needs upgrades out of the box to have any fun with. The yeti fits that bill, but I'd rather have a solid axle.
    You can pickup a decent sensors brushless setup for around $100. Just buy the bomber, better yet buy a used one.

If you are looking for an scx10 I have a brand new rtr jk for sale cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Brooks

City
    Spartanburg
    State
    SC
    Didn't you just get that SCX Brooks lol!

I would say the Bomber would be the better bet. The bomber is more of multipurpose rig.

I added a couple more Jeep bodies for some upcoming builds!

City
    Spartanburg
    State
    SC
    I still have this rig and it has seen a few updates over the past year...and a half.

First of all, I took this to the RC4WD Challenge Series event in Disney Oklahoma last year. I took a 6th place...not bad considering I was on the smallest tires there lol

Just a couple pics.

After that awesome event, it made another appearance at Frashier's Funpark. This was a team event, I teamed up with Skerb and we took the win in class 1!

I headed down to Florida for the Killer Klowns G6 event last October. I had intended to run another rig...didn't have time to get everything sorted on that one. So, out popped the TJ and I made the decision to put the big tires on it. So, a minor body adjustment and on went some Axial Krawlers and VP OMF wheels. The little TJ didn't disappoint! It completed the 6 hour endurance run!

If that wasn't enough fun in one day...went right back out for the night run!

The aftermath...

I am sure that the hotel staff wasn't happy with the condition of the shower after some rig cleanup lol

After that event, I put it on the shelf and had intended to let it hang out there.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. I had planned to build another C1 rig for ECSC, but I determined that I didn't have time to do it properly and get the test time in. Sooooo...the TJ got some new updates and parts!

Hanging out with the C2...

I knew that I was going to need some bigger rolling stock for ECSC. So, on went some RC4WD Baja Claw TTC 4.19 tires! I swapped them onto my trusty OMF wheels and on they went. The hubs were a little wide...but we will get to that later.

I installed a set of Locked Up Pro Hubs as well as a set of Lil' Nova dual stage foams.

Last but not least, I installed a set of .225 SLW hubs. It pulled the wheels in just right! Not a full tire tuck, but like pretty much any lifted jeep out there...the tires stick out a bit!

Not pictured is the new Mini 9.5 winch...will get that up shortly!

Enjoy! I am in the process of tearing the bumpers and sliders off of it for some fresh paint. After that, off to ECSC!

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Love that little jeep! Looking forward to seeing it at more comps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Brooks

City
    Spartanburg
    State
    SC
    Its in a whole bunch of pieces right now. Giving the bumpers, sliders and frame a fresh coat of black paint.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051