Carver mill=illegal?

Seems to me if anything is hearsay it is the fact that you are riding there based on hearsay. "Till I get caught or hear from some I know getting caught i will be ok with going out there" The land is not public wheeling land, you don't own it, nobody you know owns it, and you have never been given permission by the owner. So we have someone who rides there because everybody else does and somebody who wont because the land owner asked him not to. Seems like the logic is fucked on this one.

When you get caught robbing a bank, you are prosecuted.. when you're caught drinking and driving, you are prosecuted.

But when you're caught trespassing you aren't prosecuted? Hmmm that's the hearsay I'm getting

And until now that was not posted.
Its still technically not. The page is private. Skerb and I can see it because we are members of the geocache site. All the info about it has been taken down. No need to know where to go if you aren't supposed to be there. Same reason there isn't a geocache at your house, you don't want hillbillies in your creek.

When you get caught robbing a bank, you are prosecuted.. when you're caught drinking and driving, you are prosecuted.

But when you're caught trespassing you aren't prosecuted? Hmmm that's the hearsay I'm getting
Last time I checked in order for a trespassing charge to stick signs must be posted.. And last time checked there aren't any..

Sent from my iPhone

Last time I checked in order for a trespassing charge to stick signs must be posted.. And last time checked there aren't any..

Sent from my iPhone
Using this logic it is completely legal for my friends and I to come 4 wheel in your yard whenever we want. There's no signs and you haven't told us not to.

anywhere wooded with no signs is fair game?
If there are signs posted I won't go.. There has been plenty of places like that around here that I've wheeled that would throw up signs afterwards and after that I would not go back.. But like Marcus said it is kinda hard to keep people off your land if only a select few can see the info..

Sent from my iPhone

Where's the common sense when you go to Erskine Beach, Blacks Mill, Horizon Lane, off of the dirt road at Parsons Mountain, and where ever else? Sounds like the same thing here.

What I said before was that the only thing that was posted on here saying not to go was that the geo cache was suspended for 3 months. Now that the information is posted on www.offroadsc.com maybe it will make someone think twice about going out there.
Oh I'm 100 percent sure I shouldn't be there. Shouldn't have been drinking and driving when I did it either. Doesn't make it right that did either. I was totally in the wrong and haven't done it in awhile. Shouldn't have done it when I did.

Yeah we all have done it. It was illegal to go there when Brooks and some others from Mid Carolina Jeepers was suposedly geo cacheing so they could wheel there. At least there are some facts out there and someone might stumble across this page and see it before going out there "just because everyone else does".
That is incorrect. There was written permission from the owner to use jeeps for travleing the trails to the geocaches in the carver mill area. It was available through the Cache page. This was done through an agreement with the Land Owner, who had a copy of the same agreement.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yeah we all have done it. It was illegal to go there when Brooks and some others from Mid Carolina Jeepers was suposedly geo cacheing so they could wheel there. At least there are some facts out there and someone might stumble across this page and see it before going out there "just because everyone else does".
The club never made a trip. The information about the cache being suspended came out during planning. We were going to do an intro to geocaching session at a meeting then go there for those who were interested, but it never happened.