Columbia to Charleston by boat.

Has anyone ever taken a boat from Columbia area down to charleston?

I know people do it all the time and I'm looking for maps, routes, landings distance, and how long it took as well as gas stations. Been talking about doing it for a few years and I think me and two friends may try to do it sometime soon. I know the water around charleston but not familiar with the other. We'll be in a 17' key west, I've heard of others doing it in larger boats so I think my little center console should be fine.

From my understanding, you take Congree river to santee to lake Marion to moultrie that dumps out on cooper river that will take you down to charleston. Looking for maps and any info about the different legs.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I won't be paddling I'll be in a center console boat with motor and lots of beer.

I figure it's a little more then 100 miles as that's the distance by land. There's a trek from Conway to charleston all intercostal waterway I looked into as well that's about 105 miles to charleston harbor I figure I could do in 6-8 hrs taking our time but not wasting time. I'd plan to start out in cola at about 8-9am and try and get to charleston before dark. Or camp one night.

Ya i've talked to a few people who've done it and said that it's a fun time. We've talked about doing it for a long time but never got around to it. This is my last summer to dick off so i plan on wasting as much of it as i can on the water. We'd talked about the trip from conway to charleston, stay the night or day in charleston then head down to beaufort all on intercoastal waterway, but i want to do the columbia to charleston trip first. I'm hoping for memorial day weekend to do it, hit the water friday and either back up to columbia monday or get someone to bring the truck/trailer down. I know that's hella soon but it's the best time for the 3 of us.

Only two thing's ive found remotely close to helping. The locks and all will be cool as hell to go through, guy in the second link talks about it, going down 75 ft to go into moultrie.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=123912
http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44589&PN=120