Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12VoltGuy.com

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC

12VoltGuy.com

I've heard good things about his products and also seen them on extreme 4x4 a couple times. So since I just got my winch, I wanted to install controls in the dash. So I ordered up a panel and wiring kit from the website. The ordering process was pretty simple. The website is easy to navigate and even has features to login and look at your previous orders. I ordered the panel on 4/20/2012 and have been waiting. I finally called today to make sure I didn't miss the shipment or something and was told that shipment of each order takes 1-3 weeks. And he said that it says this on the website. Yes, it does, on the front page, but who looks at the front page when you are 3 pages deep making an order. It should be somewhere in the order process, not somewhere you "might" see it. But even then, it's been 3 weeks and it still hasn't been shipped. He said next tuesday and then started to tell me how many orders he has at any given time .... don't care. But anyway, I'm not in a big hurry for the item so it's no big deal. Just bugs me when "businesses" don't think through their processes. I'll post up more once I get the items in.
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Volt has one maybe he will post up on his experiences with 12 volt guy.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    i've got a 12voltguy winch control panel in my TJ. I had zero issues in getting my panel, but then again I didn't go with a super custom panel either. I know that he said custom orders take longer, like when you order custom ingraving, non standard color LEDs, etc. If I recall correctly it only took about a week from ordering the panel to it showing up on my door. The control works flawlessly and its a really complete kit that comes with everything you need down to nutserts for the panel install and even zip ties.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Yea its especially frustrating when it says "1000 in stock" beside ur item and still takes three weeks but oh well. He clearly does great work and I was not in any hurry. When I ordered mine I had read in several places about the wait time. Its worth it. I would order from him all day long if money grew on FarvaTrees.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Still nothing.
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    What is it that you ordered that is taking so long?

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Damn man. You email him or anything? Ruff stuff owes me a piece of DOM and won't respond to an email.

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLT View Post
    Yea its especially frustrating when it says "1000 in stock" beside ur item and still takes three weeks but oh well. He clearly does great work and I was not in any hurry. When I ordered mine I had read in several places about the wait time. Its worth it. I would order from him all day long if money grew on FarvaTrees.
    Harvard

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Over 8 weeks now, still nothing. Talked to the guy two weeks in and he said it was going to be shipped the following week. Either he lied or it's lost. Just sent a follow-up via the website. See if that does anything. Maybe he's changing his name to 12weekguy. Hm.
    Greg

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfGT View Post
    Maybe he's changing his name to 12weekguy. Hm.
    Greg with the funny!

Sucks to hear that man. He makes some sick looking panels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast