12VoltGuy.com

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've heard good things about his products and also seen them on extreme 4x4 a couple times. So since I just got my winch, I wanted to install controls in the dash. So I ordered up a panel and wiring kit from the website. The ordering process was pretty simple. The website is easy to navigate and even has features to login and look at your previous orders. I ordered the panel on 4/20/2012 and have been waiting. I finally called today to make sure I didn't miss the shipment or something and was told that shipment of each order takes 1-3 weeks. And he said that it says this on the website. Yes, it does, on the front page, but who looks at the front page when you are 3 pages deep making an order. It should be somewhere in the order process, not somewhere you "might" see it. But even then, it's been 3 weeks and it still hasn't been shipped. He said next tuesday and then started to tell me how many orders he has at any given time .... don't care. But anyway, I'm not in a big hurry for the item so it's no big deal. Just bugs me when "businesses" don't think through their processes. I'll post up more once I get the items in.

i've got a 12voltguy winch control panel in my TJ. I had zero issues in getting my panel, but then again I didn't go with a super custom panel either. I know that he said custom orders take longer, like when you order custom ingraving, non standard color LEDs, etc. If I recall correctly it only took about a week from ordering the panel to it showing up on my door. The control works flawlessly and its a really complete kit that comes with everything you need down to nutserts for the panel install and even zip ties.

Yea its especially frustrating when it says "1000 in stock" beside ur item and still takes three weeks but oh well. He clearly does great work and I was not in any hurry. When I ordered mine I had read in several places about the wait time. Its worth it. I would order from him all day long if money grew on FarvaTrees.

Yea its especially frustrating when it says "1000 in stock" beside ur item and still takes three weeks but oh well. He clearly does great work and I was not in any hurry. When I ordered mine I had read in several places about the wait time. Its worth it. I would order from him all day long if money grew on FarvaTrees.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Over 8 weeks now, still nothing. Talked to the guy two weeks in and he said it was going to be shipped the following week. Either he lied or it's lost. Just sent a follow-up via the website. See if that does anything. Maybe he's changing his name to 12weekguy. Hm.

Over 8 weeks now, still nothing. Talked to the guy two weeks in and he said it was going to be shipped the following week. Either he lied or it's lost. Just sent a follow-up via the website. See if that does anything. Maybe he's changing his name to 12weekguy. Hm.
Sounds like the trend these days. Guess this may be a sign of things getting good with the economy. Customer service down because they don't need us quite as much??? Who knows...hope it works out for ya.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
He responded to my form submission and said he is going to ship it today (wednesday, june 19th). We'll see if that happens. I've heard that before.

He responded to my form submission and said he is going to ship it today (wednesday, june 19th). We'll see if that happens. I've heard that before.
If it makes ya feel any better, I ordered my PRP seats from Method Motorsports in December.... and still nothing... thats almost 7 months...

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Woohoo, finally showed up this afternoon (6/25/2012). Ordered on 4/20/2012. That's 9 weeks and 1 day. Looks like a nice setup. I'll put the install of it in my build thread when I get around to it.

I know he does good work, but that's S***y business, and less for customer service.
9 weeks would have gotten him my order canceled at the least. Did you receive any kind of discount for the long wait?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I finally got the kit over to the shop today. I figured I would show everyone what I waited on so long.

I really like the kit and it looks to be very well designed and thought out. I look forward to getting it installed but that will have to wait until after Bumpus (but hopefully before Windrock).

Here is a close up of the switch panel.

And the actual switch has a light in the end of the toggle arm that illuminates when in the up position.

I'll post up more when I do the install. If anyone has any questions about the install, post up and I'll try to come up with the answer while performing the install. So far, I like what I see.