Windrock Trail Map

01tj

You can cut up trail 15 or Little Mule and run over to Rattle Rock or if your not interested in that one you can run Baby Rattle Rock. Baby Rattle is still a nice climb through some big rocks at the top of Rattle. Ill look at a map and see if I can come up where this slick uphill rock garden is with a 3ft waterfall at the top. Trail 39 is also a fun trail, its a pretty long trail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Marcus, we ran 39 to rail trail in December and rail trail turned into a bunch of work. I'm thinking about 15, lil mule, schoolbus, to 39, Cadillac and then 3.
It's calling for scattered showers tomorrow but hopefully those will hold off.

01tj

We dropped down 4 to get to that trail I was talking about. Its beside that trail with the V-notch. Windrock is fun, I just dont no my way around there like I do Harlan. Just stay off of 16 I think thats it. Its a long long dirt trail that runs to a waterfall with no obsticals on it!

16 takes fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooever. I was on the rzr and the creek run was pretty fun on it but it was a bore fest. I didn't even get to watch anyone tear **** up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335064222.227323.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335064269.741864.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335064295.510137.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335064374.208373.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335064433.774990.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335064469.019495.jpg
We just got in from Windrock. We had a great time today. It drizzled for just a little while.
We ran 15,lil mule, schoolbus, 39,Cadillac, 3down, and then up the bypass for Cadillac which is a bit more than just a simple bypass.

That is the key, having someone that knows where to go. I would suggest the "windrock" thread on pirate. It's in the "southeast" section of the regional forum. You would enjoy your new rig there. But make sure to have a guide and do some studying of the trails before you go.

After having been there once. Thats great advice. I swore I would never go back but it was just a bad trip all in all. We spent one day on rattle and one day on 16. Not much fun. I will get back up there at some point. The lodging was awesome. Made for a great newyears trip other than the fact we got no riding done. Those long gravel roads would be fun to drift around in the buggy though for sure. I could cover a lot more ground in it than the rzr due to the ground clearance. The rzr hit EVERYTHING in the trail.