Project: An old friend lives

1b3c06c9.jpg

Cleaned up ready for another ride. I couldn't ask more from a rig that's sat for the past 5 years or so. The way the motor and carb did blew my mind. It's got some issues to resolve but overall awsome trip.

Started putting my seats and harnesses in before I went to work. Wish they would have been in for Harlan but I was doin good just to get the old truck in enough shape to wheel. Hopefully once these are in and the exo is done I'll feel 100% better about sticking the truck in hairy situations.
7540d0ea.jpg

That truck has a nice stance the way it sits now.
I'm gone lower the front about an inch and a half, this pinion angle is awful, suprised I didn't blow a joint in Harlan. Ten I'm gone flat belly it and get the fuel tank out from under there and put my cell in the bed.

Are you gonna keep the leafs? I like the simplicity of the leafs and am gonna build a leaf spring rig one day. Some good leafs and finely tuned remote shocks.

Are you gonna keep the leafs? I like the simplicity of the leafs and am gonna build a leaf spring rig one day. Some good leafs and finely tuned remote shocks.
Oh most definitely keeping leafs. I miss how my coilovers and links acted on the dirt roads but that was about it. Last trip in my old truck I was alone leaving whitetail headed back to camp and ran 45-50mph just cadillac'n. This truck is being built to get wheeling back fun again. I had fun this last trip, alot lower stress level from the financial stand point.

I was digging thru some old pics and came across some Tellico action from 1997. The truck was open, open, with stock 4.10 thirds. Drove it up there just like that.