Meet Frank - '87 Samurai 'buggy' :)

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We took a little time off from getting ready for OSCAR and swapped in my old gas tank because the original one was rusty and had a ton of crud in it. Then went for a little ride.

IMAG0124_zps076d7ec1.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
IMAG0253_zps88f0aef6.jpg

Got some work done this weekend. We stretched it 3-4 inches using stock CJ springs in the front. Also added front shocks, and it's now winch ready. Tripp has the rear shocks off to get them charged. Plan is to take it to Toys for Tots next weekend.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yeah, rear was 8" stretch to use stock front driveshafts in both ends. We were planning to extend the front shaft but found one laying around that fit perfectly.

Last edited:
Yeah, rear was 8" stretch to use stockk front driveshafts in both ends. We were planning to extend the front shaft but found one laying around that fit perfectly.
Just to make it clear, the majority of modifications that happen on Frank are due to "something laying around" this time it just happened to be longer leafs, last time it was fox air shocks....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Just to make it clear, the majority of modifications that happen on Frank are due to "something laying around" this time it just happened to be longer leafs, last time it was fox air shocks....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Tripp never updates this, so the latest "it was laying around" mod was power steering. Tripp took the Friday before the Gulches tennis ball event off work and spent the day at my house putting the box and pump off of the Sidekick that my engine came out of on Frank. It's much more fun to drive now, but I guess I'll have to come up with a new arm workout.