HD Coolers

Canyon coolers has their old style 45qt on sale for $99 with free shipping till they are gone. These don't have the recessed latches like their new style. Canyon coolers.com

I got an engel cooler a few months ago. Finally used it this past weekend. Overall it worked really really well. Just left a bunch of food from thanksgiving in it with 2 frozen 1/2 gal milk jugs. Sat in the sun in the car for 4 days. I still had about 3/4 of the ice left and everything inside was cold. I'm sure if I was opening and closing it a ton, that would go to crap but for a weekend trip it'll make my old Coleman look like the POS it is. Last time I went to Windrock, I had to put ice in the SOB every day.

Also got a 13qt cooler/dry box. That is about the most useful cooler ever. Great for day trips, car trips, or going and hanging out at the park. I use it almost on a weekly basis.

I got an engel cooler a few months ago. Finally used it this past weekend. Overall it worked really really well. Just left a bunch of food from thanksgiving in it with 2 frozen 1/2 gal milk jugs. Sat in the sun in the car for 4 days. I still had about 3/4 of the ice left and everything inside was cold. I'm sure if I was opening and closing it a ton, that would go to crap but for a weekend trip it'll make my old Coleman look like the POS it is. Last time I went to Windrock, I had to put ice in the SOB every day.

Also got a 13qt cooler/dry box. That is about the most useful cooler ever. Great for day trips, car trips, or going and hanging out at the park. I use it almost on a weekly basis.
what size engel did you get?

I think if you realize at a young age you enjoy wheeling/camping/exploring lifestyle spend the money on an ARB fridge. That's my next big purchase. Even owning yetis and all that I still want on. When your planning week plus trips over thousands of miles fooling with a cooler get old.

what size engel did you get?
Got the 35qt.

I always wanted the engel fridge/freezer or ARB or whatever. My buddy has one and recently I looked at it. It is HEAVY. No way I could put that on a shelf in my garage unless I built some massive thing.

For a trip that is 2 weeks or less, one of these HD coolers is a lot more handy. Sure you'll have to get ice once or twice but the other 350 days out of the year it isn't in the way.

That said, one of my friends does have an ARB and it typically lives in the trunk of his wife's car. She likes it because she can go grocery shopping whenever and not worry about food going bad. I have done that with the smaller 13 qt engel cooler. Go to the grocery store during lunch break. It is quite handy.

picked up a canyon 22 for my dad for christmas so I could see what they look like. Its not at the same level as the engel and yeti, but for half the price its way more than half the cooler. The only real downgrade you can notice is it doesnt have a rubber refrigerator seal like an engel, it has a black rubber/foam weatherstripping that is very similar to automotive door weatherstripping. I think I'm going to grab one for my birthday this year to have a smaller cooler for trips.

http://www.canyoncoolers.com/outfitter-22-gray.html

22greyfrontweb.jpg

Thats a cool test Trip. I swear it seems like the Colster actually gets the drink colder about 5 minutes in tough. Mine was a great purchase. I seem to drink less when I use it. Which is not a bad thing.

Id like to see a test a few beers in. It seems the more I put in it the colder it continues to get. A few weeks ago I fell asleep around 3 with basically a full beer. When I awoke at the hotel around 10:30 I grabbed it and chugged it and it was still cold enough to drink.

If its made out of the same stuff as the Yeti cups, then its legit. Those stupid Yeti cups are awesome. My friend here at work will fill up with coffee in the morning, then hop in his CJ-5 and its still very hot when it gets here (he has the top down, he just wears 5 coats).

Yeti makes some great products that really do work. However a standard coozie is fine for me as I drink em fast enough.

Humm.. Well there is no way that the beers are actually getting colder due to the Colster, but would could be happening and i have noticed this is that the inside of this thing gets pretty darn cold. Perhaps i could run the same test with a pre-chilled Colster, Put it in the fridge, with a damp rag in it. I think I'm also going to test glass bottles in it. I just need to find a way to maintain a test environment at 80F. My dad has these bitching thermal chambers at work that will move like 10C a min and you could fit your desk inside it.... but i cant use it to make youtube videos... so guess im going to bust out the blue foam and build a box.

Why don't you put the Colster in the fridge with the beers so they all start out at the same 42-44*? And I also like the idea of comparing the YETI Tumbler to the typical tumblers. When I first saw the Yeti's I said who would buy a stupid $40 tumbler???!!!

Well, I got my wife one for mother's day and she has used it EVERY day since. We have a cabinet full of plastic tumblers that we might as well throw out into the road, they are worthless at this point. It's amazing how well it works.

Fun idea for the Yeti tumblers......a project manager at Clemson that I work for on a daily basis took his Turvis with him to Mexico on an all-inclusive trip. His buddy brought the Yeti tumbler on the trip. They were getting their fruity drinks brought to them in their own tumblers while sitting on the beach and by the pool. The Yeti kept the frozen drink frozen while the fruity drink in the Turvis kept turning to syrup, haha!

Ole dude bought 2 Yeti's when he got back to the states.

Its amazing how fast these cans dropped temperature. They had been in a 36degree fridge for over a week and they warmed up to 42-44 in the 25 feet from the fridge to my office. I thought about starting them in the fridge, but i wanted it to be of a more realistic test. Taking a Beer out of the cooler at a football game.. I guess i could have actually used a cooler with ice. There are more or less dozens of different ways to test this. I felt this was the most controlled.

Why don't you put the Colster in the fridge with the beers so they all start out at the same 42-44*? And I also like the idea of comparing the YETI Tumbler to the typical tumblers. When I first saw the Yeti's I said who would buy a stupid $40 tumbler???!!!

Well, I got my wife one for mother's day and she has used it EVERY day since. We have a cabinet full of plastic tumblers that we might as well throw out into the road, they are worthless at this point. It's amazing how well it works.

Fun idea for the Yeti tumblers......a project manager at Clemson that I work for on a daily basis took his Turvis with him to Mexico on an all-inclusive trip. His buddy brought the Yeti tumbler on the trip. They were getting their fruity drinks brought to them in their own tumblers while sitting on the beach and by the pool. The Yeti kept the frozen drink frozen while the fruity drink in the Turvis kept turning to syrup, haha!

Ole dude bought 2 Yeti's when he got back to the states.

Noooo don't put in fridge. The coozie absorbed the cold off first beer, so it keeps every beer after colder than the one before it. Do that test