HD Coolers

Anyone ever had one or dealt with True Blue Coolers?? Was looking at getting a yeti and these are considerably cheaper. I noticed hte latches are more exposed, but the price is right.

Any experience?

LINK

Last edited:
Have you heard anything about either or read any reviews? Of the two you posted, i think the trueblue look to be a better buy. The quality just looks better and how the hinges and latches are seem to be a tighter fit. Yeti's are badass though i dont think you would ever be disappointed but they are mighty $$$.

The stainless coleman coolers are nice too, but seem to get dinged up. I've left one in my boat for 4 or 5 days probably being in the sun, and although the ice had melted when we opened it back up the beer was still very cold.

I cant tell what kind of hinge they have on the true blues, and I dont like the latches as much. Also they are more expensive and closer to the price of a yeti.

I cant see the facebook links here at work.

60 quart ProGrade Canyon Cooler Shipped $186
55 quart Denali True Blue Shipped $208
35 quart Tundra from yeti $274
45 quart Tundra from Yeti $319

Not too sure about most of the coolers you posted. However, the TrueBlue coolers come highly recommended as do the Yettis. They may be a bit more expensive than what you are used to paying for a cooler, but they will be the last coolers you will ever have to buy, ever. I had a chance to check out the Yetti coolers at the Sportsman's Warehouse and they look to be refrigerator grade units, minus the compressor et al. I'm sure you can toss one of these off of your roof without hurting it too... in fact Hulk, smash!!!

Finally got me a Yeti Tundra 45. Can't wait to test it out!!
so last weekend at gulches was your first test, I know we were only out there for a bit but what did you think? Did you have it with you? I was thinking I saw it, but it may have been Todds or Chase's I was thinking of.

You saw mine Brooks, I helped dylan with a roof about a week and a half ago and put 2 bags of ice in it with some drinks, i still have ice in it today, and my stuff is still cold in it, i couldnt be happier with mine, ready to take it to wind rock too, thatll be the ultimate test for it i believe, but i like mine, like i said couldnt be happier

You saw mine Brooks, I helped dylan with a roof about a week and a half ago and put 2 bags of ice in it with some drinks, i still have ice in it today, and my stuff is still cold in it, i couldnt be happier with mine, ready to take it to wind rock too, thatll be the ultimate test for it i believe, but i like mine, like i said couldnt be happier
nice! what size is yours todd?

I'm looking into getting a new cooler in a couple weeks for tailgating/jeeping/camping/fishing. Mostly looking into a Yeti or Grizzly. Would like some imput from people who have owned either of these or know about them.

current prices as of 8-23-12

engel 65 $261 shipped

Canyon Coolers 60 $269 shipped

yeti 65 $329 shipped

Grizzly 60 $329 shipped

I have an engel and would buy another one. Its really up to personal preference and which latches you prefer, and how much you want to pay.

Last edited: