Camp kitchens?

How do you organize what you bring to cook with when you go camping?

I have been keeping most of my stuff in a 20mm ammo can and a small action packer. But I'm looking to consolidate.

Looking at getting some squishy bowls to replace the bowls in my camp box.

Anyone have any pictures or suggestions?

I keep everything in a small boxless tackle box, or bag. Just large enough for spoons/forks, knife, seasonings, small bottle of cooking oil, tin foil, Texas Pete :grin:, and also has plenty of room for other camping related items. What I like about it is it's small and compact and since I do a lot of camping out of a kayak it works perfectly to fit behind the seat and be out of the way.
I only use one frying pan for any cooking I'll be doing minus open fire grilling. For that I carry a small oven rack. I always stack several plastic or paper plates inside my Lodge pan and wrap in a few layers of grocery bags. This keeps the pan clean between uses.

The whole idea behind what I carry is "one trip use". That's the bast way I've found to keep everything consolidated. Being able to transfer from the kayak to the Jeep, backpack, or to whatever the mode of transportation might be is top priority.

Cheapandsteep have had a nice soft bag for sale lately with individual sections I thought about picking up would be perfect for cooking supplies.

Yeah, most everything I use is kepts in the ammo can, I cant exactly bring it in a kayak, but I dont do a whole lot of camping from a boat.

Cheapandsteep have had a nice soft bag for sale lately with individual sections I thought about picking up would be perfect for cooking supplies.
you mean this?

I bought one of these, havent figured out exactly how i'm going to use it. Wish they had had the camp hauler 2 on steep and cheap but for 14.99 i couldnt pass it up.

here are some other ideas to stir the pot...

kampkitchn.jpg

p3118379.jpg

Last edited: