Handguns

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The only problem I have with Glock is the grip angle. I've always shot 1911 angle guns so the Glock angle is not natural to me. I have to actually aim a Glock to be accurate where with an XD its a more natural draw, point, shoot.

You really can't knock a Glock though. They are the pioneers of the polymer frame handguns and they are extremely reliable.

Another vote for the Springfield XD9. I stated with a Taurus milenium pro pt745 (still have) and was looking at glock .40 s for concealed carry. some guys at work kept telling me to try the XD first. Then a former co worker from my previous job called up wanting some wheels I had in the shop for his XD9. Best trade ever. The XD automatically became my carry gun. I don't even touch the .45 anymore it strickly for the house. I carry with both the stock or extended mag. (mainly stock though). and like the gun. As for the punch effect...if you cant hit/hurt it with the first 10-12 shots...hurl that thing at what ever you aiming at run. If what your shooting at is human then 98% the targets would run the other way from the sight or sound of it anyway. just my opinion.

As has been said, it's a tradeoff among size, weight, and ooomph. While the compact 40's are easy to conceal, the additional weight may mean that you don't carry it when you should. A smaller caliber will be less weight. But, weight isn't the be-all and end-all, either.

Something to think about... the compact .380 such as LCP or TCP have a heck of a felt recoil. The additional mass of a compact 9mm offsets that somewhat and the single stack 9mm are not much bigger than the .380 version. If I had to do it over, I believe I'd select an LC9 over the .380.

On duty - full size .40S&W but, off duty, a compact 9mm (glock 26) or my old S&W sigma 9 (same as infidel had.. SW9V) do just fine.

But, for goodness sake, TRY several. Handle them, dry fire, fire if possible. Although the sigma is a glock knockoff (it wasn't licensed, and smith lost that court battle), the grip angle is just different enough that I selected that over a glock when we had both for disposal. It's how it feels to you and Andrea.

Off my soap box. :cheers:

Ed

Got to fire a few nice weapons this weekend. By far, I was really pleased with a Browning 9mm, but the s&w body guard felt quite nice for a .380......

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Go Glock. Don't want to have to use it and it not work. There is nothing as reliable as a Glock. I'm going to have mine with me when I come back home. You are more than welcome to shoot it. It's a Glock 26 which is basically the same thing as the G27 someone posted except its a 9mm.

In my mind as long as you with a 9mm for carry you are fine. The majority of people will run when you draw and I don't know too many people that could keep coming after 1-3 rds from a 9mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handled a glock 26 the other day as well as a sigma .40 I believe. The glock is a very noticeably heavier even tho it's a sub compact. Glock was a 9 and although i wasn't able to shoot it he said it was very nice to shoot and comparing it with the .40 sub compact glock he said the .40 was all over the place which is why he chose the 9mm as his main carry. The sigma he said was probably the best shooting gun he owned and most consistent. He owns a lot of handguns and also said not to pick a gun by the caliber but what you feel comfortable shooting as a powerful gun you can't control is less effective then a smaller one you are consistent with.

shot larrys XD9 again this weekend and I really like the feel of it. I would like to shoot a LC9 and see what its like. they are only $359 at academy. Somebody buy this bumper, so I can buy a handgun:flipoff2: