Handguns

I carry a Ruger .380 LCP in the summer for easy concealment, and my #23 Glock .40 cal in the winter.
Both are well worth the money, low maintainance, and accurate.
The Glock has more than 10,000 rounds down range, and without a hick up.

Look into Springfield. They make some nice stuff. I have a XDm 40 and have been pleased. It's a larger hand gun though. Not really a carry pistol.

I'm no expert and haven't shot to many handguns to have much of a opinion but I've liked every glock I've shot. The sigma are nice to especially for the money.

Are you planning on taking a concealed weapons course?

I'm no expert and haven't shot to many handguns to have much of a opinion but I've liked every glock I've shot. The sigma are nice to especially for the money.

Are you planning on taking a concealed weapons course?
reading some reviews on the sigma swayed me away.

and yes I plan to take a course

If I can urge you to anything. Stay away from a 9mm if at all possible and bump up to a 40. Also, get the M&P if it's between that and a Glock. JMO.

Well, I was originally only going to go with a .380 so the 9mm is a bit larger than that at least. the wife was able to control the 9 where the 40 and 45 we shot she had a hard time with.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well, I was originally only going to go with a .380 so the 9mm is a bit larger than that at least. the wife was able to control the 9 where the 40 and 45 we shot she had a hard time with.
A .380 is basically a 9mm short. The bullets are the same diameter but the case is shorter (less powder less punch)

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
yes, I understand that, but the .40 and .45 were not as easy for andrea to control as the 9
I'm with you. My carry guns are .380 and .38 special. I think a 9 will be just fine for what you need. Like I said, its all a trade off.

Since you're looking for used, I know somebody i'll check with for you.

My gf a few years ago noticed a big difference between the .40 and the .45. She also was terrified of my AR-15 after shooting my .22 rifle back top back.

01tj

Id like to have one to put in my truck when I go on wheeling trips. Going through Atlanta and Knoxville, andthe late night truck stops.

I have a Springfield xd9 sub compact that I carry on my side almost everywhere . It's been a great gun, shoots great, fairly small but can still be uncomfortable to carry even with how small it is.

My next handgun will be a small .380, much easier to conceal . I like the Ruger lcp. The small 380s are mainly made to be belly guns, as accuracy goes downhill after about 15 yards.

Also you might want to call Andy Coleman, if he is still working at Lake Murray Hardware he can get you a pretty good deal.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited: