New sections under "Technical Discussions"

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
One of the recent posts from a new guy (the one with the Jimmy), pointed something out. He said that this looked like a Jeep forum. It took me a few days to realize what made him think that. Under "Technical Discussions" there is a "Jeep Discussions" and then "General 4x4". I know that the majority of the visitors are Jeep owners but that still doesn't seem right and may be giving more people that "Jeep Forum" impression than we think. What would it hurt to create sections for the major players? Toyota, Chevy, Ford, Hummer ..... etc.

Thoughts?

i like the idea! not that we are anywhere near the size of pirate but they have a forum for almost every brand of 4x4, jeeps, yotas, big 3, nissan, isuzu, etc.
or maybe even better do what nc4x4 and some other forums im on do and get rid of the brand stuff and just have sections for say engine, axles, suspensions, and stuff like that.

It looks better if we have a smaller number of sections so it is less overwhelming when you are browsing. If there comes a time when general 4x4 tech is crammed with good info we can do that. I have personally used the general 4x4 tech section to post problems and tech from my jeep that is not jeep specific.

Not to pick on jeeps but it may be beneficial to drop the jeep section and and break it up into sections based on the area of the vehicle. That way non jeep people will look at jeep problems and vice versa.

Not to pick on jeeps but it may be beneficial to drop the jeep section and and break it up into sections based on the area of the vehicle. That way non jeep people will look at jeep problems and vice versa.
why do non jeep people need to look at jeep problems? and if they do, they can look in the jeep section:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Meh I just think its pointless to single out one manufacturer. Either list them all or none. It seems to be hitting the same problem usjeeps did. It looks like a jeep website. If it said ford and general 4x it would appear to be a ford site. I know it probably drives people away. No need to divide on a site this small. Just mah two cents.

I don't see the point in all that, there is only a couple Chevy, ford, nissans on here, more Toyotas but having all that would be useless space that would go unposted in. Hell most of the posts are in one of maybe 3 or 4 sections. I'm a supporter and I spread the word of the forum to the sites that I get on, most of which are jeeps so that is what pulls a lot of jeeps on here. I see adding more sections as we grow and more non jeeps get on here, but you have to bring them in order for that to happen. And I'm a jeep and a Toyota owner.

If there wasn't a jeep section and all general 4x4 had in it was jeep tech, I'm sure you'd want jeeps to have their on section so the non jeeps didn't Get drowned.

I don't see the point in all that, there is only a couple Chevy, ford, nissans on here, more Toyotas but having all that would be useless space that would go unposted in. Hell most of the posts are in one of maybe 3 or 4 sections. I'm a supporter and I spread the word of the forum to the sites that I get on, most of which are jeeps so that is what pulls a lot of jeeps on here. I see adding more sections as we grow and more non jeeps get on here, but you have to bring them in order for that to happen. And I'm a jeep and a Toyota owner.

If there wasn't a jeep section and all general 4x4 had in it was jeep tech, I'm sure you'd want jeeps to have their on section so the non jeeps didn't Get drowned.
my thoughts exactly

Hardline is prodominatly a buggy based forum. They don't have a buggy forum. It doesn't bother me but I could see how it would stray others away thinking it's a Jeep forum.

I....., well they can keep the Jeep forum but i'd like to be able to talk on the internets as I do normally. And T&A never hurt the party

Nc4x4 is a cluster, I only view the for sale and the build thread for that reason, it looks to busy. It's been around for a long time, and is nc biggest forum as far as I know, I'm sure it hasn't always been that big as I remember you had to be sponsored to get on if under 18.

Hardline is a little pirate, mainly buggys or tons that has people from all over the southeast. I dont see this forum comparing to either personally. Why? It's only been online since feb, still very small with not much tech.

Instead of singling out only having jeep tech, bring some other tech that will draw people, and make more people join, and have more sections for other makes/hobbies.

I try to add what little knowledge I have but mainly I just enjoy arguing and getting my post count up.

Idk if your nut swingers comment was directed toward me or not but I guess I'll take it as a compliment, money well spent to be able to say that. I wasn't singling anyone out, just stating this forum doesn't have much technical posts, mostly chatting, but it is a lot better then usjeeps was or had gotten. I don't come here often to learn tech, mainly to keep up with people I don't see or talk to often. I would like to get more discussions and tech going as I view several people's opinion on here. There's not many builds on this forum, Matt has one I always pay attention too and am ready to see completed. The recent write ups as well are nice and I thanked JR for his $185 hydro assist write up.

Prove me wrong though about not needing other discussions, you supporting the site sure would speak highly as well. I planned on gathering a collection of link threads to post in general for those wanting to know.